Dunning to Meet with Dr. Andrews

DirtySox

Which free agent pitchers will we not target next offseason...?

Eliminating Cole, Verlander and Sale, that leaves us with basically Porcello, Bumgarner, Z. Wheeler or “buying/renting” Greinke from the DBacks If they underperform this year.

Not to mention extending Rodon, If actually healthy, seems like an improbable exercise in futility.  But Hahn’s a master contract negotiator, right?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell has happened to the training staff over the last year.  Never seen so many strange occurrences.

The big club has still been pretty healthy. I wonder if it’s just increased attention on young guys that makes it seem worse

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell has happened to the training staff over the last year.  Never seen so many strange occurrences.

Washington/Rizzo looking better everyday on that Eaton trade, with Soto and Robles still in-house and the money to spend on Corbin.

Ugh.  This looks like more mismanagement.  I'm not a doctor, but at this point it really seems like this should have been done over the summer.  What a bummer.  

Edit:  I don't know, maybe that isn't fair, but I'm extra skeptical of this team's competence right now. 

Edited by turnin' two

Just now, turnin' two said:

Ugh.  This looks like more mismanagement.  I'm not a doctor, but at this point it really seems like this should have been done over the summer.  What a bummer.  

At the very least, over the offseason.

If he’s on the Burdi track, you’re talking 20-22 months...in the middle of 2021.  And it’s not like he has dominating TOR stuff, so his command needs to be pinpoint to be effective.

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Washington/Rizzo looking better everyday on that Eaton trade, with Soto and Robles still in-house and the money to spend on Corbin.

The 6 big names of the Eaton / Sale trades.... Lopez is the only one that looks to be 100% on track.   And maybe I'm stretching it there. 

• Quin locked this topic