Dunning to Meet with Dr. Andrews

DirtySox

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell has happened to the training staff over the last year.  Never seen so many strange occurrences.

I've been pointing this out and I get lambasted every time I do. It has gotten ridiculous this past year. 

42 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

One of the rare occasions I don’t blame the Sox. Players always think these things will magically go away with rest.

Something tells me the rest was ordered by the physician not the player.

51 minutes ago, jenksycat said:

Good thing we got such a low payroll so we can withstand hits like these and fill holes over the next 5 years

I got a feeling we're going to be big free agent players (for the non whales) starting this offseason. They better be better than Alonso, Jay, McCann types!!!

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I've been pointing this out and I get lambasted every time I do. It has gotten ridiculous this past year. 

We are about down to one two-part explanation. The young pitchers are taking vitamins so they can throw harder. Their arms cannot tolerate this process. This is called a differential diagnosis. 

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

Because most of the time there's nothing preventative that can be done to avoid things like this. Throwing over hand is an un natural arm movement and doing it repeatedly at high speed releasing a weighted spheroid causes stress to shoulders and elbows. The plethora of injuries and TJ surgery's all across baseball should inform your common sense of this.

• Quin locked this topic