DirtySox

Dunning to Meet with Dr. Andrews

39 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Understatement of the year?  Even Reds’ fans are pretty excited, at least for now.  

...How were you not able to tell that was intentional?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell has happened to the training staff over the last year.  Never seen so many strange occurrences.

I've been pointing this out and I get lambasted every time I do. It has gotten ridiculous this past year. 

19 minutes ago, Quin said:

...How were you not able to tell that was intentional?

You, Eminor and Shack are typically more enthusiastic...about supporting the team.

Yeah, the fact that he had issues before really starting ramping up his program wasnt a good sign.

Was Dunning one of they guys that KW was worried about having to pay in 5-6 years? Him and JR are probably breathing a little easier now. 

Edited by OneDog847
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This should of been done last year so much wasted time. All these so called great pitching prospects all needing TJ Surgery not good.

Good thing we got such a low payroll so we can withstand hits like these and fill holes over the next 5 years

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Damn. This puts him into missing time next year too.

I think he will probably pitch in 2020 if he has surgery soon. Probably July.

42 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

One of the rare occasions I don’t blame the Sox. Players always think these things will magically go away with rest.

Something tells me the rest was ordered by the physician not the player.

Geez. Another one (probably) bites the dust, at least for a while. Ugh.

51 minutes ago, jenksycat said:

Good thing we got such a low payroll so we can withstand hits like these and fill holes over the next 5 years

I got a feeling we're going to be big free agent players (for the non whales) starting this offseason. They better be better than Alonso, Jay, McCann types!!!

53 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think he will probably pitch in 2020 if he has surgery soon. Probably July.

That was my purely amateur guess too.

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I've been pointing this out and I get lambasted every time I do. It has gotten ridiculous this past year. 

We are about down to one two-part explanation. The young pitchers are taking vitamins so they can throw harder. Their arms cannot tolerate this process. This is called a differential diagnosis. 

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

Because most of the time there's nothing preventative that can be done to avoid things like this. Throwing over hand is an un natural arm movement and doing it repeatedly at high speed releasing a weighted spheroid causes stress to shoulders and elbows. The plethora of injuries and TJ surgery's all across baseball should inform your common sense of this.

jimmy lambert, bernardo flores, spencer adams  etc. don't throw as hard but are still ambulatory.

12 hours ago, fathom said:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell has happened to the training staff over the last year.  Never seen so many strange occurrences.

A pitcher getting Tommy John is strange? You what? 

5 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but AJ Puckett had TJ surgery recently.

Really?  Dude missed all of last year with a different injury correct?  Or at least it wasn’t severe enough to need surgery right?