Eloy officially got paid

Jose Abreu

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Behind.

Lol. You are b****ing about losing Marcus Semien and Omar Navarez. It's nonsense.

when did Ramirez have his last year over 3.5 WAR?  Because that's the last time a Sox SS was worth what Marcus was last year.  Whatever, it's a middling move but FFS they've made a lot of "middling" moves the last decade, especially wrt to infielders.

36 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I honestly think he’s Rick Hahn’s son or Don Cooper...one of the two.

LMAO.  I"ll go with Mark Salas. 

He's the same dude who kept insisting that the Padres weren't a real threat for Machado because of some debt obligations on Petco Park. 

Either Ron Fowler never read his memo or Manny agreed to play for 300 million dollars of monopoly money. 

imo this was a smart move on Eloys part, he knows he probably is who he defensively and all-bat players are becoming less important nearing their 30s

I like the two team options for the Sox also

Edited by joesaiditstrue

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

imo this was a smart move on Eloys part, he knows he probably is who he defensively and all-bat players are becoming less important nearing their 30s

I like the two team options for the Sox also

so the takeaway for Eloy after signing the biggest contract pre actually playing in MLB deal in MLB history is that he took a discount because of his defense?  

well, he got paid because of his bat, ya know?

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Gomez and Passan confirm: Sox and Eloy nearing long-term deal
2 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Now that Eloy has signed on the dotted line, who else from the future "core" should the Sox lock up? 

Dylan Cease seems to make the most sense if he dominants at Charlotte this year. 

There’s too much risk in Cease for my blood. Unless they can buy low on Moncada, I don’t think there’s anyone worth it right now. 

Edited by mqr

25 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

No risk, no reward.

What if he turns into Thor or Luis Severino? 

That’d be great! But there’s significantly more risk with him then anyone they’ve done this with as he’s already had elbow surgery. I don’t see him taking a deal I would be willing to give him

Edited by mqr

14 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's not high at all.

They just signed him for 8 years and 77 million. His 2 FA years alone, if he pans out, could be worth 60+ million.

You just said the key words if he pans out. He hasn't had a ML at bat yet.

Like I said it high and almost double what players have got in the past under similar deals but if he is really good it doesn't matter but if we are giving him so much more money upfront I would have hoped to have gotten more then one FA option year. At least two.

Edited by wrathofhahn