Eloy officially got paid

Jose Abreu

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

You just said a month ago you were moving because of this, right?

Not really.  He said that he's had an opportunity to move for work for sometime, but has been hesitant because he loves the Sox and wants the ability to take his kids to Sox games.  But in the heat of the moment following a massive letdown and failure from our FO, he said he may finally pull the trigger.  

Slightly different. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Flash said:

I know its Spring training but the way Leury, Yoan and Abreu looked, as well as improvements by Timmy and big plus having Eloy start the season in LF...there might be reason to be optimistic. Pitching is clearly suspect but I can see this team getting out of the gate rather nicely.

People should always be optimistic about Leury Garcia.

37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really.  He said that he's had an opportunity to move for work for sometime, but has been hesitant because he loves the Sox and wants the ability to take his kids to Sox games.  But in the heat of the moment following a massive letdown and failure from our FO, he said he may finally pull the trigger.  

Slightly different. 

Thanks & 100% spot on.  I would never switch allegiances or stop being a Sox fan.  I simply decided to reprioritize other things in life and take advantage of an opportunity in the wake of an organization that doesn’t give back what I feel I put into it.  People may find that laughable, but it will be a huge bummer not being to take my sons to Sox games every Saturday or Sunday like I’ve done for years with my dad.

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you're changing your life and considering moving because Manny Machado wanted to play in SD, you must have a pretty fuckin easy life with no real problems. I envy you.

Sorry bro, Machado didn’t want to play in San Diego no matter how hard you try to sell that narrative.  He simply wanted $300M and that was something we were unwilling to do.

And you know absolutely nothing about my life, but keep being a condescending dick to everyone on this site.  I am a little surprised life is so hard for you when you seem to have all the answers.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thanks & 100% spot on.  I would never switch allegiances or stop being a Sox fan.  I simply decided to reprioritize other things in life and take advantage of an opportunity in the wake of an organization that doesn’t give back what I feel I put into it.  People may find that laughable, but it will be a huge bummer not being to take my sons to Sox games every Saturday or Sunday like I’ve done for years with my dad.

Almost feels like you're punishing your kids and withholding their ability to create those same moments and memories of happiness and togetherness that you created with your father... all because the Sox didn't sign a free agent. It would appear that those experiences weren't created with your father because the Sox were good or signing big free agents. They were created because it was a bond you guys created together supporting something that you both loved - Baseball and the White Sox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Almost feels like you're punishing your kids and withholding their ability to create those same moments and memories of happiness and togetherness that you created with your father... all because the Sox didn't sign a free agent. It would appear that those experiences weren't created with your father because the Sox were good or signing big free agents. They were created because it was a bond you guys created together supporting something that you both loved - Baseball and the White Sox.

He was already leaning towards going to Nashville. I could never base a decision to leave or stay based on a team I liked if the pros of moving out-weighed the cons. It seems like the Sox were a small factor here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

He was already leaning towards going to Nashville. I could never base a decision to leave or stay based on a team I liked if the pros of moving out-weighed the cons. It seems like the Sox were a small factor here.

Yup, it was simply the tipping point of doing what I think is in the best interests for my family.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I’m punishing myself more than anything.  No guarantee they would like Sox even if we stayed here (my wife is a diehard Cubs fan) and there are many perks they’ll receive from moving.  Us missing on Machado simply reinforced all that and made it easier to make what I deem to be the right decision.  That doesn’t mean leaving Chicago and not being able to attend Sox games with my sons isn’t an emotional kick to the nuts because it is.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m punishing myself more than anything.  No guarantee they would like Sox even if we stayed here (my wife is a diehard Cubs fan) and there are many perks they’ll receive from moving.  Us missing on Machado simply reinforced all that and made it easier to make what I deem to be the right decision.  That doesn’t mean leaving Chicago and not being able to attend Sox games with my sons isn’t an emotional kick to the nuts because it is.

I know that when I was that age, the winning and losing was secondary to the experience and the time with my dad. I feel like if I asked my 11 and 13 year olds who won the last game we went to they wouldn't remember the score as much as they would everything that happened at the game. Thos memories are what the point is, not the win or loss.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And if you have family out here to visit during the summer, it's not like you couldn't go to games while visiting.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

On the other hand, nashville is great and may be the right choice for you, and you'll make great memories with your kids no matter where you live. You could even have a ballpark roadtrip.

One of the best trips I ever took was when my dad and I drove 24 hrs straight through to attend 2 spring training games about 8 years ago. Crazy experience because it was totally spur of the moment, and we still both talk about how fun it was. That memory sticks with me more than anything than the hundreds of regular season games we’ve attended over the years. Totally is all about the experience and what you invest/make of it.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

On the other hand, nashville is great and may be the right choice for you, and you'll make great memories with your kids no matter where you live. You could even have a ballpark roadtrip.

Exactly, it doesn’t mean they’ll never go to Sox games (it’s literally an hour flight), but I used to go to a good dozen or so a year with my dad when I was younger and that obviously won’t be happening.  But there are many other perks to living in Nashville that my kids will really like.

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

And if you have family out here to visit during the summer, it's not like you couldn't go to games while visiting.

Yup, definitely would be the plan.  Both sides of our families leave in Chicago plus most of our friends, so we’ll be in town quite a bit for long weekends and whatnot.  Will definitely try to catch games when I can.

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know that when I was that age, the winning and losing was secondary to the experience and the time with my dad. I feel like if I asked my 11 and 13 year olds who won the last game we went to they wouldn't remember the score as much as they would everything that happened at the game. Thos memories are what the point is, not the win or loss.

This is true to some extent, no doubt about it, but over time winning definitely becomes more important (at least it did for me).

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Very cool you're set on moving the family to Nashville man. Everybody loves that place. My folks are also looking to move down there as well. Wait til that RE market gets corrected though! They've had bonanza growth there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Very cool you're set on moving the family to Nashville man. Everybody loves that place. My folks are also looking to move down there as well. Wait til that RE market gets corrected though! They've had bonanza growth there. 

Thanks man!  And yeah, it’s crazy how rough the housing market is right now.  Should have moved down there a few years ago when prices were extremely reasonable.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thanks man!  And yeah, it’s crazy how rough the housing market is right now.  Should have moved down there a few years ago when prices were extremely reasonable.

Yeah my old man has expressed some of the same sentiment. But you know how it goes, stairs on the way up, elevator on the way down. Just gotta have cash in hand for the down payment when the music stops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sorry bro, Machado didn’t want to play in San Diego no matter how hard you try to sell that narrative.  He simply wanted $300M and that was something we were unwilling to do.

And you know absolutely nothing about my life, but keep being a condescending dick to everyone on this site.  I am a little surprised life is so hard for you when you seem to have all the answers.

Yeah, I know. We get it. You're mad. I think we all figured it out about 1,000 posts ago. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I wish I could live in my mom’s basement and scream for meatloaf when I am hungry.  I am envious of that life.

• Like 1