Eloy officially got paid

Jose Abreu

9 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

I take my son to one or two games per year. Sox are 0-6 in games we've attended. He's very aware of that fact. Chris Sale was his favorite player. Now he doesn't have one. Maybe someday.

That's a bummer, but most of us grew up watching really shitty Sox teams. Thankfully my generation had Frank and a couple decent runs, but we also had the Strike and the White Flag Trade. Being a Sox fan ain't a lot of fun if you only care about winning. 

19 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I wish I could live in my mom’s basement and scream for meatloaf when I am hungry.  I am envious of that life.

You made this joke and don't see the irony of you screaming on the internet for someone else to spend their money for your entertainment?  Now that is rich.

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

That's a bummer, but most of us grew up watching really shitty Sox teams. Thankfully my generation had Frank and a couple decent runs, but we also had the Strike and the White Flag Trade. Being a Sox fan ain't a lot of fun if you only care about winning. 

I was young for 1977 but remember a bit. 1983 was a whole mess of fun. More fun than any other year IMO.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

You made this joke and don't see the irony of you screaming on the internet for someone else to spend their money for your entertainment?  Now that is rich.

Do you really have to be so condescending and spiteful to everyone all the time?  We get it, you are really smart and amazing (see what I did there?)

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Just now, turnin' two said:

Ok then.  Good for you man.  I hope you are not near this miserable of a human in real life.  

He gets in a bad mood because I ether him so often in threads. Otherwise, SS2k5 is a good dude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I believe that applies to almost every franchise in almost every sport.  I love being at a baseball game. High school, college, independent league, minor league, or major. Sometimes its really fun to not have a dog in the fight. 

4 hours ago, Hatchetman said:

I take my son to one or two games per year. Sox are 0-6 in games we've attended. He's very aware of that fact. Chris Sale was his favorite player. Now he doesn't have one. Maybe someday.

No brainer. Move to New England. 

42 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Do you really have to be so condescending and spiteful to everyone all the time?  We get it, you are really smart and amazing (see what I did there?)

I can't speak for him, but it gets pretty annoying having the board dominated by the same 6 or 8 posters repeating the same "woah is me" bullshit every day over hundreds of posts. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I can't speak for him, but it gets pretty annoying having the board dominated by the same 6 or 8 posters repeating the same "woah is me" bullshit every day over hundreds of posts. 

If you’re complaining about whining on a message board, you must have a pretty fuckin easy life with no real problems.  I envy you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you’re complaining about whining on a message board, you must have a pretty fuckin easy life with no real problems.  I envy you.

Complaining about complaining is slightly different than moving because you're mad that the Sox didn't sign Machado. One is rational. The other is bat shit ridiculous. 

The worst part is that people are so butthurt about Machado that they're invading other threads calling Burger a fat ass, talking shit about Robert and throwing a fit about Eloy being extended. It would he fine if the b****fest was contained in the Machado thread, but don't throw other players under the bus. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The worst part is that people are so butthurt about Machado that they're invading other threads calling Burger a fat ass, talking shit about Robert and throwing a fit about Eloy being extended. It would he fine if the b****fest was contained in the Machado thread, but don't throw other players under the bus. 

QFT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This is a fair complaint and I personally will try to limit any future whining unless actually relevant.  I just don’t appreciate anyone making accusations of how easy or hard my life has been when they literally know jack shit about me.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is a fair complaint and I personally will try to limit any future whining unless actually relevant.  I just don’t appreciate anyone making accusations of how easy or hard my life has been when they literally know jack shit about me.

if they know nothing about you - but for the personal things you brought front and center - why do you care about their accusations anyway? i usually just get a laugh at stuff like that - no point in getting worked up. waste of energy.

29 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The worst part is that people are so butthurt about Machado that they're invading other threads calling Burger a fat ass, talking shit about Robert and throwing a fit about Eloy being extended. 

Well, I for one find it curious that this org couldn't find a way to make a highly-productive player like Machado work into their salary structure,  but on the other hand, they're willing to take a chance on an unproven one like Jimenez. To me, it strikes me as a curious approach to risk management. In totality, it makes them look incompetent and reactionary.

Carry on, then.

43 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don’t think those things are related.  Whiffing on Machado was a joke but Burger does look too heavy regardless.  Also, I think the Eloy extension was a good move.

I also don’t think it should be any surprise that people are still upset about whiffing on Machado.  After showing interest in Machado for a year and guaranteeing the fans that “the money will be available,” Hahn spent $50 million on mediocre players this offseason and failed to sign Machado for exactly $50 million dollars.  I mean, that’s just priceless.

Edited by Harper2Sox

9 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Well, I for one find it curious that this org couldn't find a way to make a highly-productive player like Machado work into their salary structure,  but on the other hand, they're willing to take a chance on an unproven one like Jimenez. To me, it strikes me as a curious approach to risk management. In totality, it makes them look incompetent and reactionary.

Carry on, then.

How is reactionary when they always try to sign their big prospects to extensions? 

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don't know you. I was reacting to a comment made on the board. When you make the comment, you're opening that door. 

14 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Carry on, then.

$43 million/= $300 million.