Jose Abreu

Eloy officially got paid

3 hours ago, Sarava said:

As much as I hate the White Sox cheapskate ways, this is not the way to spend money widely. To consider a deal like this, you need more than 1 year of UFA.

As costly as a $30 million option year would be...losing Jiminez after 2026 is better than losing him after 2025. 

36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

As costly as a $30 million option year would be...losing Jiminez after 2026 is better than losing him after 2025. 

Sure, but not if it requires us guaranteeing him best player in baseball money those first seven years.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, but not if it requires us guaranteeing him best player in baseball money those first seven years.

BaltaPositiveBot is back?  it's like the Twilight Zone around here, with all the group thinking that this proposed extension somehow is in the best interest of the White Sox.  Stockholm Syndrome?

The only plausible explanation is maybe the bot fried or shortcircuited when forced to read 15 names in a single post of mine then then another ten in one of yours?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

BaltaPositiveBot is back?  it's like the Twilight Zone around here, with all the group thinking that this proposed extension somehow is in the best interest of the White Sox.  Stockholm Syndrome?

The only plausible explanation is maybe the bot fried or shortcircuited when forced to read 15 names in a single post of mine then then another ten in one of yours?

Isn't it obvious...

The fact that a reasonable extension for him that buys out a year of FA is a good idea is why it won't happen. 

Alex Bregman getting a 6 year $100 million extension after two great years, but Eloy was going to get a 100 mill for one extra year? This rumor was bogus.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Alex Bregman getting a 6 year $100 million extension after two great years, but Eloy was going to get a 100 mill for one extra year? This rumor was bogus.

Or the white sox are dumb

Man, we're all gonna be saying what a great deal this was when we deal Eloy for a package headlined by Mike Sirotka Jr in 2025.

• Haha 2

Just now, LittleHurt05 said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

and just like that, THE MONEY WAS SPENT!

I doubted Gomez. He was right. I was wrong.

Good for the Sox and Eloy. He seems like a genuinely good person. He’s going to be a great player.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm assuming this will buy out a couple free agent years, right?

I believe it would be 2? Correct me if I'm wrong.  I'd like to bet the last 2y are team options.

He's up for Opening Day then, right? 

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

PUFF PUFF PASSAN

A+ post

Get those Soxtalk points

• Like 1

I am pleased and am happy that the dollar amount makes more sense. 100 mill made absolutely no sense.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

He's up for Opening Day then, right? 

They already used an option which makes me think no.