Eloy officially got paid

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

What if this scout would have said he didn't like Robert? His opinion would be disregarded. 

Have we heard that anywhere? I’ve only seen glowing reports from scouts and high prospect rankings despite his relative lack of production last year. That tells me the best is yet to come. Seems health is the only obstacle at this point.

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So 6/40 up front, with at least $3 coming in the last year of a buyout.  Very nice.

It's pretty good, the arb years seem on board with 2019 prices, that they then prepaid in order to get another year.

Yesterday i thought it was a pretty good deal for eloy, and it still is, but seeing the year by year, really pleased.

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck he wouldn't be on the opening day roster?  Because they'd have to clear a 40 man spot?  I thought they had an open spot?

I can't even fathom keeping him down because of some stupid ass concern trolling over the appearance of impropriety wrt to his situation prior to signing the contract and service time manipulation.

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck he wouldn't be on the opening day roster?  Because they'd have to clear a 40 man spot?  I thought they had an open spot?

I can't even fathom keeping him down because of some stupid ass concern trolling over the appearance of impropriety wrt to his situation prior to signing the contract and service time manipulation.

Eloy's already on the 40-man so that doesn't matter.  

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

so the only reason (to keep him down) is to make it appear they weren't going to manipulate his service time?  If so, that's...not a reason.

Yeah essentially, or if they "want to build up some confidence before he debuts" or however they'd try to spin that. 

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

And I still haven't heard a good excuse to who is going to file a grievance if they did call him up. I understand it would basically confirm service time manipulation, but again, the Sox just have Eloy $40+ is guaranteed money, and the negotiations have been going on for months. That had to come up at some point. So if Eloy isn't filing a grievance, who is? 

Eloy's in the union now so I'd have to think that they would respect his wishes and NOT filed a grievance on his behalf.

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Eloy can't file a service time manipulation grievance any longer as he is under a MLB contract now. 

right but couldn't the Union?  I have no idea why they would, but it seems like something they might press for leverage because it is pretty good evidence that he was ready, they just held him down for service time.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

55 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Because our attendance sucks as no one goes to the games. 2nd home game is traditionally one of the worst attended games of the season. Mid-series callup after the off day and a Saturday home game, it would become one of the better attended games. Anything to create excitement and get a gate.

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Because our attendance sucks as no one goes to the games. 2nd home game is traditionally one of the worst attended games of the season. Mid-series callup after the off day and a Saturday home game, it would become one of the better attended games. Anything to create excitement and get a gate.

oh my god this is spot on.

40 minutes ago, Tony said:

And I still haven't heard a good excuse to who is going to file a grievance if they did call him up. I understand it would basically confirm service time manipulation, but again, the Sox just have Eloy $40+ is guaranteed money, and the negotiations have been going on for months. That had to come up at some point. So if Eloy isn't filing a grievance, who is? 

The next guy they cram for service time.