Giolito Strikes out Four Cubs in One Inning: A Spring Training Game Thread

Heads22

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Haha! They both have better career numbers against lefties that Alonso so you may be on to something...haha

That's giving them more credit than I was thinking. Castillo is much much better against righties than mccann and only a wee bit better against lefties so my guess is they were going to bat castillo basically exclusively against righties.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

It's getting really hard to continue to defend Giolito. Idk why the guy continues to suck, but he does. 

Lets wait until we go north before we declare him dead.   Breaking pitches don't do too much in Arizona.  We are not competing this year.  Nothing wrong in letting him see what he can do with another year of starts.   He isn't blocking anyone.   

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's getting really hard to continue to defend Giolito. Idk why the guy continues to suck, but he does. 

He sucks in every aspect. He would be release caliber if he wasn’t once a top prospect. Oh well, at least Moncada looks good righty.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Lets wait until we go north before we declare him dead.   Breaking pitches don't do too much in Arizona.  We are not competing this year.  Nothing wrong in letting him see what he can do with another year of starts.   He isn't blocking anyone.   

I don't disagree with you, as I've been one of his biggest supporters. However.....he's still having similar issues plague him as last year. My hope is greatly diminishing with each start. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I do wonder why in the hell is McCann hitting so high in the order this spring?  

I think Ricky plans to bat our catchers high in the linuep.  Castillo will likely bat 5th on most days and against LHP him or McCann will maybe even bat cleanup.  Look at our options from the right side, it’s beyond pathetic.