3/16 vs Dodgers, 3pm, NBCSC

flavum

24 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Alonso is going to be a constant reminder of what could have been, isn't he?

Its worse than that.  Alonso will be a constant reminder that when you sign a player, it has to be done on the basis of what he brings to the team, not who he's related to,

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m behind, but Nova’s pitch to Barnes wasn’t that bad. Arizona homer.

Engel’s stance is awkward.

Yeah he looks like one of my friends who didn't grow up playing baseball whenever we go hit. Hint: it's not pretty.

Edited by soxfan2014

37 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I have a bad feeling Ivan Nova is Spanish for James Shields.

Boy i think he has actually looked really good in this game thus far, he looks like a professional pitcher which is something I have not seen in a long time from this organization.

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That is exhibit A for why Palka should be nowhere near RF. He makes Schwarber look competent as an OF. 

It’s truly amazing how badly this roster has been constructed. Palka should only be at DH.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s truly amazing how badly this roster has been constructed. Palka should only be at DH.

Alonso was such a baffling move. Palka needs those ABs at DH and they still need someone that can play a competent RF. There is nobody on the roster that can play a competent RF. They're going to be forced to play Eloy there eventually. Bringing back Avi for another season made more sense than wasting $9M on Alonso. Is he good at RF? No. Is he not a complete butcher? yes. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Eh, we know why Alonso was acquired. Maybe some team will have an early injury and the Sox flip him fairly quickly. He seems like a good dude, though. Not going to root against him. 

But, yeah. Palka doesn’t belong in a big league outfield. 

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Eh, we know why Alonso was acquired. Maybe some team will have an early injury and the Sox flip him fairly quickly. He seems like a good dude, though. Not going to root against him. 

It didn't matter if they weren't going to pay Machado $300M. If they were never intending to "go to that level" as KW said, then they should have never been public about it nor should they have acquired Alonso or Jay. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, flavum said:

All it does is hurt a team with fragile enough young pitching. The corner outfield defense is going to be ridiculously bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

All it does is hurt a team with fragile enough young pitching. The corner outfield defense is going to be ridiculously bad.

100% agreed. Go grab CarGo for $3M at least he'll prevent runs from scoring unlike the butcher Palka. His defense is worth it to support the young pitching staff. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• bmags unpinned this topic