3/16 vs Dodgers, 3pm, NBCSC

flavum

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep it’s disgusting how much JR had run these organizations into the ground.

Pretty much.  At one point I had faith that Hahn might be different.  But at some point company men prove to be and fall in line.

Edited by SouthWallace

Fulmer at least looked much better, despite the two base runners.  Stuff looks noticeably crisper, and his delivery is much tighter, more compact.  Three K’s are a sign of something to at least build upon.

God knows, we need some type of positive redemption story this spring.

Edited by caulfield12

I was watching the game today and was really annoyed at Steve and Benetti talking about how much better this year's team will be and locker room bull shit.  It really is going to be hard to watch any games this year.  I thought I would get back into it but it's just not happening.   Hopefully Eloy does the trick.  I watched 3 innings that said screw it.

11 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I was watching the game today and was really annoyed at Steve and Benetti talking about how much better this year's team will be and locker room bull shit.  It really is going to be hard to watch any games this year.  I thought I would get back into it but it's just not happening.   Hopefully Eloy does the trick.  I watched 3 innings that said screw it.

I kinda chuckled when they were talking about Alonso in the first inning being someone who fit due to the need of another left-handed power bat. While true, it's definitely not the main reason ha.

11 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

It’s March 17 and I still haven’t ordered MLB.tv.  That’s weird for me.  I know I’ll cave at some point but it’s weird that it’s going to take me caving to get it.  

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

I kinda chuckled when they were talking about Alonso in the first inning being someone who fit due to the need of another left-handed power bat. While true, it's definitely not the main reason ha.

Granted the silly reason but he had more rbi last year than anyone on our roster. They have to put some decent players on the field.

34 minutes ago, pcq said:

Granted the silly reason but he had more rbi last year than anyone on our roster. They have to put some decent players on the field.

Agreed. But other than the fact that he's related to Machado, he obviously wouldn't be here. They wouldn't help the Indians clear payroll if there was no Manny connection.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

The Sox have a few players last year who would have had as many RBIs as Alonso, if they would have had as many men on base in front of them as Alonzo had and had batting behind them the type of players Alonzo had batting behind him. In other words, it was a lot easier to get RBIs on that Cleveland team than last year's White Sox team. 

Just now, vilehoopster said:

The Sox have a few players last year who would have had as many RBIs as Alonso, if they would have had as many men on base in front of them as Alonzo had and had batting behind them the type of players Alonzo had batting behind him. In other words, it was a lot easier to get RBIs on that Cleveland team than last year's White Sox team. 

Plus, he got to face White Sox pitching a lot last year. 

37 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Yes they say rbi is an opportunity stat and supposedly clutch hitters regress to the mean. If you could have Joc Eloy Palka Alonso Jose in the lineup most days you might not have a last place offense. I know Palka butchered a fly ball yesterday while the Yankee cf butchered two balls. 

Edited by pcq

• bmags unpinned this topic