Sox vs. Ariz. 03/17

Insp

9 minutes ago, Insp said:

Hahn's Heroes are up 3-0 in the 3rd Inning.  Question is will Hahn's poor scouting and lack of player development combine to give the Diamondbacks the win or can the Sox eke out a victory?

Yet here you are watching and posting about it. 

24 minutes ago, Insp said:

Hahn's Heroes are up 3-0 in the 3rd Inning.  Question is will Hahn's poor scouting and lack of player development combine to give the Diamondbacks the win or can the Sox eke out a victory?

Damn good question 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

At this point, some White Sox fans are like the husbands that b**** about their wives for 3 decades, 24 hours a day. 

Yep. And the more you see it, the more fresh and clever it becomes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean why wouldn't you want to do something that makes you miserable?  It makes perfect sense. 

I got great enjoyment out of the Sox in 2005.  I'm 54 years old and would like to have that level of enjoyment at least once more before I pass away.

Edited by Insp

Didn't Don Baylor in his playing days have a court system for his fellow players in the locker room where he would assess fines for stupid plays and lack of hustle, things like that. The fines were known before hand and Baylor would sit at the court and assess the fines, and the players accepted this as being led and being part of a team. Does anybody remember this?

Is it even possible today with players spoiled and pampered like they are? I wish Abreu would set up something like this. 

One he should fine for is if a reliever comes in and immediatel walks the 1st batter he faces (Like just happened for the guy who came in for Rodon). Other things I would like to see fined is if Moncada takes two called third strikes in a game. Maybe one for Anderson getting picked off 2nd base. 

10 minutes ago, Insp said:

I got great enjoyment out of the Sox in 2005.  I'm 54 years old and would like to have that level of enjoyment at least once more before I pass away.

Are you really expecting that out of a Spring Training game in 2019?  If the answer is no, and you are just looking for a reason to complain again, the answer here is clear.  I would think at 54 you would have better things to do than to try to be miserable about a game that literally doesn't matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Are you really expecting that out of a Spring Training game in 2019?  If the answer is no, and you are just looking for a reason to complain again, the answer here is clear.  I would think at 54 you would have better things to do than to try to be miserable about a game that literally doesn't matter.

All games matter regardless of what time of the year they take place.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think Jones has got a single batter out in his last 2appearances and given up 5 runs. ERA 16.62 now.

It’s only spring training (until it’s not.)  Starting to worry about how the 17 pound weight loss is affecting Palka as well.

Positives this spring?  Mendick, Anderson, Moncada (although Ks are still high), Robert being healthy and flashing his five tool potential, Lopez, Leury, Santana’s comeback.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s only spring training (until it’s not.)  Starting to worry about how the 17 pound weight loss is affecting Palka as well.

Positives this spring?  Mendick, Anderson, Moncada (although Ks are still high), Robert being healthy and flashing his five tool potential, Lopez, Leury, Santana’s comeback.

He was taken out and Zack Thompson brought in . Promptly got a DP ball. Jones hurt ? Minaya got released because he was pitching poorly didn't he ?

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He was taken out and Zack Thompson brought in . Promptly got a DP ball. Jones hurt ? Minaya got released because he was pitching poorly didn't he ?

Minaya was put thru waivers, removed from the 40, and sent to AAA. He had lost velocity for some reason.  No idea what is going on.  Could be rust,  could be something else. 

2 hours ago, Insp said:

You are only here for the attention. Hardly an original thought.

3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Didn't Don Baylor in his playing days have a court system for his fellow players in the locker room where he would assess fines for stupid plays and lack of hustle, things like that. The fines were known before hand and Baylor would sit at the court and assess the fines, and the players accepted this as being led and being part of a team. Does anybody remember this?

Is it even possible today with players spoiled and pampered like they are? I wish Abreu would set up something like this. 

One he should fine for is if a reliever comes in and immediatel walks the 1st batter he faces (Like just happened for the guy who came in for Rodon). Other things I would like to see fined is if Moncada takes two called third strikes in a game. Maybe one for Anderson getting picked off 2nd base. 

Look, this may not sit well with some but I tell it like it is, given that these players are making ungodly amounts of money (we're talking millions here, folks) to play a CHILDREN'S GAME fines aren't gonna mean jackshit to these soft-palmed millennial sissies. Fining Daniel Palka a few grand for turning the wrong way on a fly ball isn't gonna make a dent in his fortnight emote spending account, the ONLY way to get through to this generation of players is a simple, time honored, glorious technique: SPANKINGS. James McCann poorly frames a pitch? Ricky slaps that ass red. Giolito fails to repeat his delivery on back to back pitches? Ricky's bent knee is waiting for him at his locker and it's not for a show of deference, it's for a dang SPANKING. Yolmer dumps a cooler of perfectly potable water over his head like some kind of psychopath (I'm positive he hasn't even read the water bill)? Buddy, you better believe that's a SPANKING.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1