3/18 vs Giants, 3pm, whitesox.com

flavum

I had blocked out that they moved Moncada to 3B and were serious about it.  Meanwhile Engel is your opening day CF for the 3rd horse shit year in a row.  Fuck this franchise man.   Hey maybe by the time he's 30 he'll produce an OPS+ over 80!

Edited by chitownsportsfan

37 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Looks like it, over Delmonico.  No idea who goes down with Eloy up, maybe Palka...unless they move Leury or Jay to the Nationals.

Just demote Engel and go with some combo of Leury & Jay in CF.  Far from ideal, but I’d like to see Palka get the majority of ABs in RF and I’ve seen enough of Adam to know he’s nothing more than a 4th OF.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just demote Engel and go with some combo of Leury & Jay in CF.  Far from ideal, but I’d like to see Palka get the majority of ABs in RF and I’ve seen enough of Adam to know he’s nothing more than a 4th OF.

No kidding.  Why is Engel being handed the starting CF job three years running?

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But have you seen his new stance?!?!?!  I think this might be the year!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

Adam can go get em though.  And he is about the same hitter as Leury and Delmonico. 

Ummmm...no.  The main argument is protecting Jimenez, fragile psyches of young pitching...and especially if Palka or Guyer are also in the outfield, too.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

Adam can go get em though.  And he is about the same hitter as Leury and Delmonico. 

Leury is a much better hitter and overall better player. Engels defensive is not good enough nor is Leurys defensive bad enough to rationalize any argument of Engel being better than Leury,  Just look at Leury's WAR numbers he has put up in his limited playing time compared to Engel. It is shame both the White Sox fan base  and the management have yet to realize this and we have to deal the false perception that Engel is our best option for CF.

Edited by JuliusO1274
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Leury is a much better hitter and overall better player. Engels defensive is not good enough nor is Leurys defensive bad enough to rationalize any argument of Engel being better than Leury,  Just look at Leury's WAR numbers he has put up in his limited paling time compared to Engel. It is shame both the White Sox fan base  and the management have yet to realize this and we have to deal the false perception that Engel is our best option for CF.

Welcome, post more, this is spot on.  The White Sox have a hard on for shitty players that are incredible one dimensional.  Unless he's Willie Mays in the OF you can't carry a 60 OPS+ regular.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

30 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Leury is a much better hitter and overall better player. Engels defensive is not good enough nor is Leurys defensive bad enough to rationalize any argument of Engel being better than Leury,  Just look at Leury's WAR numbers he has put up in his limited paling time compared to Engel. It is shame both the White Sox fan base  and the management have yet to realize this and we have to deal the false perception that Engel is our best option for CF.

Leury's army growing bigger and bigger, welcome to the club.

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Welcome, post more, this is spot on.  The White Sox have a hard on for shitty players that are incredible one dimensional.  Unless he's Willie Mays in the OF you can't carry a 60 OPS+ regular.  

The biggest shame is that they can't count on Leury to stay healthy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Which is true, but run him out there until he gets hurt and then call up Adam if need be.  I think there’s a much better chance Leury develops into an actual useful player / trade chip than Engel.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which is true, but run him out there until he gets hurt and then call up Adam if need be.  I think there’s a much better chance Leury develops into an actual useful player / trade chip than Engel.

Sadly, I think the fragile state of Leury means he never develops into anything useful.  He just misses way too much time.

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

But have you seen his new stance?!?!?!  I think this might be the year!!!

The whole OF are fringe guys. When roster space is limited they don't add much value. Palka should see some at bats. 

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sadly, I think the fragile state of Leury means he never develops into anything useful.  He just misses way too much time.

I always argue guys are fragile until they're not.  He's had some bad luck IMO, although at the same time he's certainly earned the "injury prone" label for now.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I always argue guys are fragile until they're not.  He's had some bad luck IMO, although at the same time he's certainly earned the "injury prone" label for now.

Realistically I think the best way to try to use him is 3 to 4 days a week as a super utility guy.  If he plays too much, he gets hurt. Backing up 2b/ss/3b/lf/cf would get him plenty of ABs, and hopefully not expose him too much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Leury might last two weeks and head for the dl. I would never rely upon him.  

• bmags unpinned this topic