Trout about to sign 12/430 deal

Sleepy Harold

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, I was going to say this is good for baseball, good for Trout, and good for White Sox fans, as we will be spared the half assed pursuit of him during free agency, where bringing in his friends, or letting him meet Jim Thome should be enough for  him to take tens of millions less than anyone else.

Obviously at his price KW cannot afford to build a winning team. 

Phillies’ fans’ phantasies now up in smoke about him coming back home.

The Angels have Otani and Adell, let’t not forget.

1. 1. Zack Cozart, 3B
  2. Mike Trout, CF
  3. Justin Upton, LF
  4. Justin Bour, 1B
  5. Albert Pujols, DH
  6. Andrelton Simmons, SS
  7. Kole Calhoun, RF
  8. David Fletcher, 2B
  9. Jonathan Lucroy, C

37 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, I was going to say this is good for baseball, good for Trout, and good for White Sox fans, as we will be spared the half assed pursuit of him during free agency, where bringing in his friends, or letting him meet Jim Thome should be enough for  him to take tens of millions less than anyone else.

Obviously at his price KW cannot afford to build a winning team. 

I'm not sure its good for baseball. With him playing on the west Coast he really doesn't get the general exposure of the east coast teams. If he played for the yankmees he would probably elected to the HOF already.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

THE MONEY WILL BE SPENT

Yes, over the next 10 years on scrub veteran retreads.  Kenny and Hahn will be excited to go dumpster diving year after year to spend that $250 million.

So no Machado, no Harper, no Arenado, no Trout...  what stars are there left to sign that will hit free agency?

The Sox front office played everything about as poorly as anyone possibly could.  It’s laughable.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox traded Trout to the Cubs. I wonder if Roland Hemond mentioned he made a trade with the Cubs anytime any of his failure was discussed.

Looking at his website , I think he thinks of himself as a Cub . I don't see anything Sox related on it except for biographical info,

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trout was never going to happen, but it take another star out of the general free agent pool meaning it will only be harder for us to ever land a young impact player.

That's the thing. Any of the big spenders that would have gone after Trout, now look at the others. Like you wrote, the Sox were never going to get Trout, but now they probably are never going to get choice #2.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yes, over the next 10 years on scrub veteran retreads.  Kenny and Hahn will be excited to go dumpster diving year after year to spend that $250 million.

So no Machado, no Harper, no Arenado, no Trout...  what stars are there left to sign that will hit free agency?

The Sox front office played everything about as poorly as anyone possibly could.  It’s laughable.

But hey, in 2021 there are some good free agents. Baez, Bryant, etc.

*fart*