Red Line Radio Hahn Interview

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You’re going to spend equal amounts of time chastising Balta, Dick Allen, Fathom and Chicago White Sox for assuming the exact same position?

You are the one making it a point to reply to me whenever I post something that isn't angry enough.

Heck most of the time I ignore the initial replies I get from you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

You are the one making it a point to reply to me whenever I post something that isn't angry enough.

Here we go again...fine, then you can go back to fighting with Fan O Faust instead, as you seem to derive more enjoyment from that ongoing feud than any other.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

you were one of the most adamant posters questioning the rebuild so if anything you've earned a "told you so" or two.  That said, predicting the White Sox to fail isn't exactly 4D chess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Here we go again...fine, then you can go back to fighting with Fan O Faust instead, as you seem to derive more enjoyment from that ongoing feud than any other.

You just need to ether him a few times like I have, then he'll stop

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There are sticking to a plan, just not the Cubs/Astros plan. I know it was the whole well they never did thing A before either,  so now they will do everything else they never did before that people rationalized into some new era, but it was never realistic. 

What other alternative was there?  We had no farm system and limited financial flexibility?  It was always going to be rebuild or bust whether you like that strategy or not.

Rebuilding wasn't necessarily wrong. What was wrong was who was in charge of doing it. Clowns who couldn't recognize major league talent and could not develop players were now going all prospects. Crazy.

I do agree, JR needs to sell his teams. Let someone else give it a go. His way isn't working and hasn't for a long wbile.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Rebuilding wasn't necessarily wrong. What was wrong was who was in charge of doing it. Clowns who couldn't recognize major league talent and could not develop players were now going all prospects. Crazy.

I do agree, JR needs to sell his teams. Let someone else give it a go. His way isn't working and hasn't for a long wbile.

I don't often say this to you, but I agree. Putting the same people who had the worst minor league system in baseball in charge of building a minor league system as the primary source of a rebuild was a dumb idea. Hopefully the Hostetler and Getz types of changes work, but we won't know that for a few more years,  as this is going to be more of a Royals/Pirates rebuild where the big spending will happen after, and not during.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't often say this to you, but I agree. Putting the same people who had the worst minor league system in baseball in charge of building a minor league system as the primary source of a rebuild was a dumb idea. Hopefully the Hostetler and Getz types of changes work, but we won't know that for a few more years,  as this is going to be more of a Royals/Pirates rebuild where the big spending will happen after, and not during.

I don't think the big spending will ever happen. They will never be in the running for tier one free agents with their organizational philosophy. The major talent will have to come from within and be supplemented with league average free agents wherever they have holes (and they'll continue to overpay for them). Or they get lucky on reclamation projects or with last gasp 34+ year olds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I told everyone this 2 and a half years ago and no wanted to believe me. I still don't know why so many people convinced themselves that it would be. 

Everyone was convinced that the Sox front office would spend the money on good players to assist the rebuild when the time came.  Well, the time came but now it is obvious that part of the rebuild strategy was simply being cheap and saving profits.  Going after Machado and Harper “at their own price point” was one big sham to save face with the fans and I’m glad it has backfired on them.  Hahn and Kenny have been proven to be both liars and terrible executives.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Everyone was convinced that the Sox front office would spend the money on good players to assist the rebuild when the time came.  Well, the time came but now it is obvious that part of the rebuild strategy was simply being cheap and saving profits.  Going after Machado and Harper “at their own price point” was one big sham to save face with the fans and I’m glad it has backfired on them.  Hahn and Kenny have been proven to be both liars and terrible executives.

That's where I'm at.  This was a once in a generation chance to jumpstart this rebuild and almost guarantee its success by adding a 5 WAR player in his prime.  That moves the needle big time.  And they completely passed up this chance because of cheapness and the downside risk, which was minimal by any sane analysis.  Fuck this club.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Purple trophy

Just now, pcq said:

There are only a few franchises that continually succeed. The Sox are not one of them. Complainers should be more constructive.  The injuries are disturbing but is there a solution? 

Jerry either sells or dies, whichever comes first, and the new ownership team cleans house of our current front office clown show.

• Like 2

It is an opportunity they aren’t going to have again. 26 year old free agent superstars don’t come along very often and even less with the big boys sitting out. The goodwill it would have done would more than pay for the extra $25 million a year 9 and 10 years from now. Now they have lost some more people and it will take a while to get back to where they were fan wise when they seemed serious about Machado and Harper.

i really don’t get it. IMO, they would have been better off just being what they always are with high priced free agents instead of playing the game that they were willing to do what it took. It pissed off way more people. They still have the prospects. Hopefully something really good happens, and their draft is outstanding. 

Even though Eloy will be here soon and the team should be at least a little better than the last couple of years, and really there are some interesting storylines, I really am less enthused about this season than any I can remember. Maybe it’s because I now know that if it ever is time to win, I don’t trust the White Sox to have anything but their checking account balance on their minds.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Not everyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not everyone. 

That is more of an indictment of Sox ownership and management than a chance for “I told you so’s” to other Sox fans.

It is almost incomprehensible for the Sox not to have one of Machado or Harper right now other than having one of the worst owners and front offices in all of baseball.

10 minutes ago, pcq said:

There are only a few franchises that continually succeed. The Sox are not one of them. Complainers should be more constructive.  The injuries are disturbing but is there a solution? 

It isn’t fans’ job to find solutions to team problems. That’s a job for, you know, people whose job it is. 

I think fans have every right to complain and hold the team accountable. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Man and we were always one piece away from 2003-2013.  

If you go look at the 2005 club the amount of luck involved with the pitching and health was incredible.  It was a well put together club and every WS winner needs luck but man that one had more than its share and IMO it really, really helped that narrative of "just one guy away" that went on and on throughout the mid aughts.  In reality it was "one guy away plus historical luck".  That lightning was never going to strike twice.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There wasn’t anyone out there (the equivalent of Dayton Moore in minor league development)...with more experience than Chris Getz in building a winning foundation?  That’s almost unfathomable.

• Like 1