Red Line Radio Hahn Interview

ChiSox59

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When Jerry dies injuries go away? 

Injuries prevented the Sox from spending money on top free agents to improve their team as opposed to signing trash free agents and pocketing the rest of the unspent payroll?  I didn’t realize this.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When Jerry dies injuries go away? 

How did we win from 2003-05 when that #1 Baseball America 2000 minor league class was absolutely decimated by injuries and non-performance?

That injury thing is now an excuse only Hahn’s family can get behind.  The end.  Plus we had four massive hauls via trade to provide a head start or cushion for that eventuality.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

It isn’t fans’ job to find solutions to team problems. That’s a job for, you know, people whose job it is. 

I think fans have every right to complain and hold the team accountable. 

Because you have nothing to offer. Got it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Because you have nothing to offer. Got it. 

I came up with a whole thread of ideas.

Doesn't matter, they’re not going to ever change unless forced to at gunpoint.

Papa John’s doesn’t ask their customers when they stop buying the lousy and overpriced product to “problem solve” for them...other than filling out customer satisfaction surveys.

Edited by caulfield12

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well now you're just picking fights to pick fights, which hey cast the first stone I get but...a well run club, like the Yankees (puke) can overcome injuries.  This one needs everything to break right just to have a chance.

When asked what to do about injuries he literally replied with Jerry's death.

13 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

giphy.gif

So far, he has questioned why anyone wanted the same Sox management that failed at drafting to run the rebuild.  He has also blamed injuries.  Finally, he has apparently decided to throw out “I told you so’s” to the Sox fans who thought the Sox front office would wisely spend money during the rebuild process to improve the team.

Ultimately, his arguments all point to the Sox ownership and management being terrible so I don’t know why he doesn’t just say that.

18 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

That is more of an indictment of Sox ownership and management than a chance for “I told you so’s” to other Sox fans.

It is almost incomprehensible for the Sox not to have one of Machado or Harper right now other than having one of the worst owners and front offices in all of baseball.

Be angry all you want, but if your expectations are unrealistic,  you are just going to be perpetually pissed off, which to be is a gigantic waste of time and energy. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When asked what to do about injuries he literally replied with Jerry's death.

Go read the post again.  He also asked why the Sox don’t continually succeed like other franchises.

Edited by Harper2Sox

@southsider2k5 was definitely right when he used to say Sox fans can't handle a rebuild. We're right in the thick of it and people are acting like absolute babies with every setback. In fairness, not a lot has gone right, but I couldn't give a fuck about Machado. The Sox aren't going to sign big name FA's. I'm much more bummed about the injuries, Giolito being dog shit and Yoan struggling. The minors were always going to determine if the rebuild works or not, not Machado. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

That is more of an indictment of Sox ownership and management than a chance for “I told you so’s” to other Sox fans.

It is almost incomprehensible for the Sox not to have one of Machado or Harper right now other than having one of the worst owners and front offices in all of baseball.

I find it completely incomprehensible how the Sox can have both the most tenured AND worst owner in all of baseball.  

Then WHY THE F#$K DID THEY SPEND FOUR FREAKING MONTHS teasing fans when they simply could have operated under the radar and failed quietly albeit ignominiously...???

Heck, not four months...the last 2-3 years leading into this offseason?   Just simply state that the plan is to retain the core of young superstars into their first 2-3 years of FA and supplement as needed with complementary veterans and international players as needed...

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Be angry all you want, but if your expectations are unrealistic,  you are just going to be perpetually pissed off, which to be is a gigantic waste of time and energy. 

Why are my expectations unrealistic?  Why do you assume people are pissed off because they want changes to the Sox ownership and management?

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Why are my expectations unrealistic?  Why do you assume people are pissed off because they want changes to the Sox ownership and management?

Probably because the Sox have a tiny fanbase, nobody goes to the games or watches the games and they play in what's basically a barren wasteland of poverty and violence? I don't know what else to tell ya. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Probably because the Sox have a tiny fanbase, nobody goes to the games or watches the games and they play in what's basically a barren wasteland of poverty and violence? I don't know what else to tell ya. 

You reap what you sew.  The Sox have no one to blame but themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

none of that is relevant to their revenues in any meaningful way.  And oh, San Diego (you know the PADRES) just signed Manny.  The Sox weren't even competing with the blue bloods.  They were competing with clubs like the Sox that suck ass and have sucked ass with a tiny ass fanbase for decades.  And they couldn't pony up.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

none of that is relevant to their revenues in any meaningful way.  And oh, San Diego (you know the PADRES) just signed Manny.  The Sox weren't even competing with the blue bloods.  They were competing with clubs like the Sox that suck ass and have sucked ass with a tiny ass fanbase for decades.  And they couldn't pony up.

Keep believing that.