Red Line Radio Hahn Interview

ChiSox59

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

@southsider2k5 was definitely right when he used to say Sox fans can't handle a rebuild. We're right in the thick of it and people are acting like absolute babies with every setback. In fairness, not a lot has gone right, but I couldn't give a fuck about Machado. The Sox aren't going to sign big name FA's. I'm much more bummed about the injuries, Giolito being dog shit and Yoan struggling. The minors were always going to determine if the rebuild works or not, not Machado. 

Gotta disagree here.  Both the minors and free agency were going to have an impact on the rebuild’s success.  A huge part of the value proposition of a rebuild is the financial flexibility that comes with it and Rick Hahn said as much when we kicked this thing off at the beginning.

And no offense, while it’s great you don’t give a fuck about Machado for some reason, that also means you honestly believed relying solely on prospects was somehow going to work and that’s just horribly flawed logic.  I normally agree with most of your opinions, but must respectfully question your view on the Machado / free agency angle here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Are you new to being a Sox fan? 🤣

So your answer is to lay back and take it up the ass?  I mean who cares about this thread on soxtalk but I'd encourage every single Sox fan to make their opinion heard via their wallet in any way possible.  I'm not spending a single dollar on MLB products and Sox shit this year or anytime soon.  it's really the least I can do.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

It’s the front office’s job to find solutions to team problems and fans have the right to complain if they do a poor job.....because I have nothing to offer. 

That’s basically what your post just said. 

You are welcome to complain but it's pointless. Vote with your feet not your fingers.  

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So your answer is to lay back and take it up the ass?  I mean who cares about this thread on soxtalk but I'd encourage every single Sox fan to make their opinion heard via their wallet in any way possible.  I'm not spending a single dollar on MLB products and Sox shit this year or anytime soon.  it's really the least I can do.

Ok, then don't. Nobody gives a shit. The Sox don't give a shit. The Southside doesn't give a shit. Nobody does. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I choose to not whine about things I can't change. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Ok, then don't. Nobody gives a shit. The Sox don't give a shit. The Southside doesn't give a shit. Nobody does. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I choose to not whine about things I can't change. 

One suggestion was to bring up any youngsters who might be able to perform so the fans have a reason to watch or hope. I was hoping to see a Joc Pedersen trade to upgrade the OF. I don't think Garcia Engel and Jay are a major league outfield. Eloy Joc and Palka I might watch. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Ok, so your point is you’re content settling for the ineptitude and ineffectiveness of the owner and his front office.  Set the expectations low and you won’t be disappointed seems to be your White Sox fan mindset.  Fair enough, you are quite clear about that and certainly entitled to that opinion.  

Meanwhile, other fans are entitled to their own opinions as well, including the ones where they set the bar considerably higher than you do, which obviously with this owner/FO routinely leads to disappointment.  C’est la vie!  Others have the same right to b**** about that as much as you do to b**** about those who do.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Ok, so your point is you’re content settling for the ineptitude and ineffectiveness of the owner and his front office.  Set the expectations low and you won’t be disappointed seems to be your White Sox fan mindset.  Fair enough, you are quite clear about that and certainly entitled to that opinion.  

Meanwhile, other fans are entitled to their own opinions as well, including the ones where they set the bar considerably higher than you do, which obviously with this owner/FO routinely leads to disappointment.  C’est la vie!  Others have the same right to b**** about that as much as you do to b**** about those who do.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

30 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Ah yes, the King of the Victim mentality. You are always entitled to hurt feelings. 

32 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

There's no "settling." We're fans. Don't live under the delusion that you can "change" anything. Jesus christ. You guys are adults right? I've never heard so much crying in my fucking life. 

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

"As usual?" I barely post here. How the hell do you even know what's "usual" for me. You guys are weird. 

Because most of your posts are complaining about someone else’s posts. Do you ever actually post about baseball or just tell everyone how they know nothing. How Bridgeport is crime ridden and a slum...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If you go look at the 2005 club the amount of luck involved with the pitching and health was incredible.  It was a well put together club and every WS winner needs luck but man that one had more than its share and IMO it really, really helped that narrative of "just one guy away" that went on and on throughout the mid aughts.  In reality it was "one guy away plus historical luck".  That lightning was never going to strike twice.

Historical luck? Give me a fucking break.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ah yes, the King of the Victim mentality. You are always entitled to hurt feelings. 

“Hurt feelings” are reigning supreme on the ‘ol site these days, if you haven’t noticed, with all roads leading back to the continued failures of your heroes in the front office, with whom you inexplicably have no issues.  Then again, you’ve allowed yourself to be conditioned to set the bar so low when it comes to their performance.  But that’s your issue.  I’m sure 2019 will meet the same expectations you’ve had in the past several seasons.  Enjoy all of the coming losses.  They should look familiar to you.

Meanwhile, there are several other posters posting far more interesting points of view than your personal attacks, which seem to be on the rise today from you.  Spring fever?

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Historical luck? Give me a fucking break.

It was. They used 6 starting pitchers total. That is very rare. All their free agents worked out. Hawk talked KW into AJP Iguchi was signed because Kaz Matsui sucked the year before and kept his price down. Dye had an offer for more money after he agreed but didn’t sign with the White Sox, but he did the honorable thing.

if a ball doesn’t roll through Graffininios legs, with Iguchi homerimg next giving the White Sox a 2-1 lead and win, and if El Duque, a guy KW didn’t even want on the postseason roster doesn’t get out of a huge mess surprising everyone, do they even get out of the first round.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

He even criticized my movie reviews for my being a pompous film connoisseur...or words to that effect.

At any rate, I find that quite funny because I range from the most completely mainstream stuff imaginable (Pacific Rim or Alita: Battle Angel) to watching every single Academy-nominated performance, well, except Roma.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It was. They used 6 starting pitchers total. That is very rare.

People always get really butthurt when anybody mentions the 2005 team and luck.  Thing is, it's a compliment.  You need luck.  You have to put your team in a position on the win curve where luck wins you a division and a bit more (coupled with talent obviously) wins you some crapshoot short series in the playoffs.

If the Sox had the amount of talent the 2005 club had more often they'd win a helluva lot more, world series title or not.

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It was. They used 6 starting pitchers total. That is very rare. All their free agents worked out. Hawk talked KW into AJP Iguchi was signed because Kaz Matsui sucked the year before and kept his price down. Dye had an offer for more money after he agreed but didn’t sign with the White Sox, but he did the honorable thing.

if a ball doesn’t roll through Graffininios legs, with Iguchi homerimg next giving the White Sox a 2-1 lead and win, and if El Duque, a guy KW didn’t even want on the postseason roster doesn’t get out of a huge mess surprising everyone, do they even get out of the first round.

Yes, if things went wrong instead of right for the championship team they wouldn't have won. They lost one postseason game and you're creating a way for them to not get out of round 1. Gtfo.

Historical luck. My goodness. Literally none of the things you listed are historically lucky.

1. 6 starting pitchers? Yes, injury "luck" but a tale of self boosted luck. For 20 years the white Sox had the fewest pitchers on the DL due to an organizational process. 

2. Someone with influence in the organization talking up a player to a GM is not abnormal and certainly not lucky. 

3. Dye did the right thing. A verbal contract - FTR - is binding. If he agreed he agreed. Certainly not lucky.

4. Errors happen every single day. 

5. Errors followed up by home runs happen all the time.

6. Pitchers get out of bases loaded jams with no outs many times in a baseball season.

The one thing they were historically good/lucky (however you look at it) at was 1 run games. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

People always get really butthurt when anybody mentions the 2005 team and luck.  Thing is, it's a compliment.  You need luck.  You have to put your team in a position on the win curve where luck wins you a division and a bit more (coupled with talent obviously) wins you some crapshoot short series in the playoffs.

If the Sox had the amount of talent the 2005 club had more often they'd win a helluva lot more, world series title or not.

Theres absolutely nothing complimentary about someone telling you that you won something - especially a title - because of luck. Have you ever competed at anything in your life? I imagine you have. To claim calling a win historically lucky is a compliment is so laughable idk what to say. There's nothing complimentary about being called a lucky winner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Theres absolutely nothing complimentary about someone telling you that you won something - especially a title - because of luck. Have you ever competed at anything in your life? I imagine you have. To claim calling a win historically lucky is a compliment is so laughable idk what to say. There's nothing complimentary about being called a lucky winner.

It's just comments by people looking for any reason to rip the Sox. They are angry and can't let it go. Soon they will be like ESPN and won't acknowledge the fact that the team won a World Series.

• Love 1