Red Line Radio Hahn Interview

ChiSox59

51 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

You mean the “history of the” REINSDORF era “is there”.  None of us posting on this site are “probably rooting for the wrong team”, and shame on you for suggesting so.  

No, what we all have to cling onto from a hope perspective is the fact this horrific current ownership, which has failed our fan base for an ungodly near four decades, is probably going to come to an end sooner rather than later.  And then our fan base will move onto a much brighter future.  

If you need a perpetual winner to make up for something missing in your life that you are trying to fill by living vicariously through grown men playing a game, you are rooting for the wrong team.  Seeing how angry you are about the White Sox on a daily basis, it makes absolute sense why you so badly need this.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s mostly right there...unless you’re factoring in White Sox scouts

Hes somewhere around 150th in baseball. He's not there as a first baseman who hits 220 I'll tell you that. So clearly some people think he can at least pass there to rank him in the top 150.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you need a perpetual winner to make up for something missing in your life that you are trying to fill by living vicariously through grown men playing a game, you are rooting for the wrong team.  Seeing how angry you are about the White Sox on a daily basis, it makes absolute sense why you so badly need this.

Maybe people are just annoyed that their favorite team has garbage ownership and management and would like a change?  Going cheap hit for them once in 88 years.  Time to try something new.  They have the money.  All teams do.  Going cheap and saving the profits isn’t winning them any extra games or gaining them any additional fans.

Why berate fans for being upset and psychoanalyze their personal lives by saying they must be missing something instead of calling out the true culprits?

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hes somewhere around 150th in baseball. He's not there as a first baseman who hits 220 I'll tell you that. So clearly some people think he can at least pass there to rank him in the top 150.

Fangraphs had him ranked as a top 100 prospect last year as 1B.  I personally think there is some hope he can stick at catcher, but the scouting community violently disagrees.

6 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Maybe people are just annoyed that their favorite team has garbage ownership and management and would like a change?  Going cheap hit for them once in 88 years.  Time to try something new.  They have the money.  All teams do.  Going cheap and saving the profits isn’t winning them any extra games or gaining them any additional fans.

Why berate fans for being upset and psychoanalyze their personal lives by saying they must be missing something instead of calling out the true culprits?

Or, and stay with me here this is deep, it isn't worth spending days, months, years, or decades about the same things happening over and over again. If you don't learn from something after 40 years of making you miserable,  baseball might not be the true culprit. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fangraphs had him ranked as a top 100 prospect last year as 1B.  I personally think there is some hope he can stick at catcher, but the scouting community violently disagrees.

they viewed him as a guy who wouldnt primarily catch but would catch. Maybe 60-70 games a year. 

Tyler flowers was said to be someone who couldn't catch either. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ftr, I'm annoyed and frustrated but I'm here to talk about baseball and the season... not to b**** and moan all day about Jerry and Rick. That's pointless. I love the game not management.

There it is. Quit letting ownership determine your happiness rent free.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Name on scout that thinks Moncada sucks now. 

SS isn't more closely aligned with 2nd than 3rd. Jesus Christ you make up and say the oddest things.

The Scouting Community ranks Collins as a above average catching prospects in baseball but if you want to keep spewing complete and utter nonsense go right ahead. 

If you think 3B is closer to playing SS than 2B, you've never played high level baseball or been around it.

It's called MIDDLE INFIELD, meaning the positions are interchangeable if the arm will play at SS, just a different angle or spin off the bat...and the need more for lateral mobility than fast-twitch reaction (Joe Crede couldn't beat most posters in a race, but he was really quick at 3B).

WHAT THE HELL SCOUTING COMMUNITY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? 

Please provide us one iota of evidence on Collins at catcher that doesn't involved a Sox-related "puffy" piece to prop him up as a prospect...

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If you think 3B is closer to playing SS than 2B, you've never played high level baseball or been around it.

It's called MIDDLE INFIELD, meaning the positions are interchangeable if the arm will play at SS, just a different angle or spin off the bat...and the need more for lateral mobility than fast-twitch reaction (Joe Crede couldn't beat most posters in a race, but he was really quick at 3B).

Please provide us one iota of evidence on Collins at catcher that doesn't involved a Sox-related "puffy" piece to prop him up as a prospect...

Probably the same source that said Kyle Schwarber would stick at catcher.

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So in two posts I now need to take an econ course (I work in finance) and play baseball past middle school (I played in college). The internet is an amazing place.

The only short stops who move to 2nd are those without the arm for third. There's a reason when most good SS's move (manny, a rod, maybe cal but his was age) they move to 3rd and not second.

Also I asked you to quote a scout. Just one. You made a comment that scouts in the AL west said something so show me where. Tia.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So in two posts I now need to take an econ course (I work in finance) and play baseball past middle school (I played in college). The internet is an amazing place.

The only short stops who move to 2nd are those without the arm for third. There's a reason when most good SS's move (manny, a rod, maybe cal but his was age) they move to 3rd and not second.

Also I asked you to quote a scout. Just one. You made a comment that scouts in the AL west said something so show me where. Tia.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2018/12/4/18120354/seattle-mariners-omar-narvaez-catcher-offense-alex-colome-white-sox-trade

I will get it from the Mariners' best writer...can’t find with search function, it was last 3 months or so.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/chicago-white-sox/scouting-reports-knock-his-defense-zack-collins-working-hard-become-white-sox

“Scouts are high on Collins' offense. The word when he was drafted with the 10th overall pick out of the University of Miami last June is that Collins possesses a bat and plate approach that was almost major league ready.

The same group isn't as certain about Collins' catching prowess. Some believe the 2016 Johnny Bench Award winner (awarded to the nation's top collegiate catcher) would eventually wind up as a first baseman. MLBPipeline.com's scouting report on Collins points out his lack of fluidity behind the plate and "spotty" receiving and blocking skills.”

10 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What about Javy Baez? I'm pretty sure he has the arm for 3B. The White Sox had Alexei Ramirez and Juan Uribe both play 2B before they became the regular SS, and they also had the arms for 3B. Jose Valentin became primarily a 2B later in his career. No one would say his arm wasn't good enough for 3B. 

Cal wasn’t going to be a near 40 6’5” 2b especially since Robby Alomar was already in place. ARod moved because of Jeter. Jeter should have been the one moved.  If there was a Kris Bryant type at 3B and a lesser player at 2B for the Yankees at the time, he probably moves to 2B.

Edited by Dick Allen

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

What about Javy Baez? I'm pretty sure he has the arm for 3B. The White Sox had Alexei Ramirez and Juan Uribe both play 2B before they became the regular SS, and they also had the arms for 3B. Jose Valentin became primarily a 2B later in his career. No one would say his arm wasn't good enough for 3B. 

Cal wasn’t going to be a near 40 6’5” 2b especially since Robby Alomar was already in place. ARod moved because of Jeter. Jeter should have been the one moved.  If there was a Kris Bryant type at 3B and a lesser player at 2B for the Yankees at the time, he probably moves to 2B.

Or Gleyber Torres, another example. 

Omar Narvaez is now 0 for 9 in Japan, Hahn’s a genius!

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The Cubs had Bryant. They weren't moving Bryant and baez off their natural positions. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:35 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Lol - just seeing your zany answer to this now.  Wow, Dr, Frued, thank you once again for your unsolicited psychoanalysis of what our beleaguered fan base has dealt with courtesy of the asshole owner and his shithead lackeys in the front office these past two decades.

Ok, where do we start.  Oh yes, this notion of a “perpetual winner” you claim I’m clamoring for.  What precisely does that mean, your use of the word “perpetual”?  I have never once used that word in any description of my expectations of this owner and his (very ineffective) management team’s performance.  I mean, “perpetual”?  Hell, we are nearly 40 years into this atrocious Jerry Reinsdorf experience as owner of OUR White Sox, and we haven’t gotten anything even remotely resembling “occasional winner”, never mind “perpetual winner”, during these past 40 years.  40 YEARS!!  WTF are you even suggesting when you cough up this “WAHHHHH - you’re just looking for a perpetual winner!” bull spit up? “.  

You’ve received this kind of feedback many times before on this forum, and from many very reasoned and sensible people.  Yet you continue to tow the company line and defend this horrendously ineffective ownership/management group, despite the fact their days are numbered and in this next decade, they’ll all soon be gone, and a dawn of a new day will shine for our beleaguered fan base, finally.  You know that as well as anyone.  So why do you continue to shamelessly defend Jerry Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams, and Rick Hahn?  

Edited by Fan O'Faust

7 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Lol - just seeing your zany answer to this now.  Wow, Dr, Frued, thank you once again for your unsolicited psychoanalysis of what our beleaguered fan base has dealt with courtesy of the asshole owner and his shithead lackeys in the front office these past two decades.

Ok, where do we start.  Oh yes, this notion of a “perpetual winner” you claim I’m clamoring for.  What precisely does that mean, your use of the word “perpetual”?  I have never once used that word in any description of my expectations of this owner and his (very ineffective) management team’s performance.  I mean, “perpetual”?  Hell, we are nearly 40 years into this atrocious Jerry Reinsdorf experience as owner of OUR White Sox, and we haven’t gotten anything even remotely resembling “occasional winner”, never mind “perpetual winner”, during these past 40 years.  40 YEARS!!  WTF are you even suggesting when you cough up this “WAHHHHH - you’re just looking for a perpetual winner!” bull spit up? “.  

You’ve received this kind of feedback many times before on this forum, and from many very reasoned and sensible people.  Yet you continue to tow the company line and defend this horrendously ineffective ownership/management group, despite the fact their days are numbered and in this next decade, they’ll all soon be gone, and a dawn of a new day will shine for our beleaguered fan base, finally.  You know that as well as anyone.  So why do you continue to shamelessly defend Jerry Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams, and Rick Hahn?  

Again with this? Dude, find a new hobby. Find something that fills the hole in your life.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again with this? Dude, find a new hobby. Find something that fills the hole in your life.

Each year, there is a point in the season where I swear off baseball(and all other sports) forever and say I'll never watch another game. It lasts about 10 days and then I realize how much I miss it. This is why the owners make so much fucking money, because we're all suckers. I'm beginning to think sports fandom is an addiction, and the majority of us need a 12 step program to get freed from it.