3/19 vs Reds, 8pm, NBCSC

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

As long as you realize it isn't sustainable, sure. 

As long as you realize it's still spring training and also that pitchers sometimes don't have their best stuff. Also must realize the best pitchers become even better when they do learn to pitch without that best stuff.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As long as you realize it's still spring training and also that pitchers sometimes don't have their best stuff. Also must realize the best pitchers become even better when they do learn to pitch without that best stuff.

Of course I realize that. Not trying to complain too much, but I still think missing bats is an important skill. If Mark Buehrle came up today I don't think he'd have a shot. Hitters league wide are too patient. He always used to struggle against the A's, Red Sox, Yankees and other teams built on taking walks and making pitchers work. 

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Aren't you the one who keeps speaking so highly of Banuelos this spring? This quote seems ironic. 

Yeah. Banuelos was missing bats until his last start. He didn't miss any during that one. That is concerning. That is the one thing I look at in ST for pitchers. Do they miss bats and get Ks? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah. Banuelos was missing bats until his last start. He didn't miss any during that one. That is concerning. That is the one thing I look at in ST for pitchers. Do they miss bats and get Ks? 

Also who are they K'ing is who I would pay attention to.

• bmags unpinned this topic