Alex Bregman Reportedly Agrees to 6-Year, $100M Contract Extension with Astros

drgiggles15

1 minute ago, drgiggles15 said:

Sorry for not figuring out how to insert the source. On a side note, with all these extensions, I was think giving Abreu an extension wouldn't be horrible if it was feasible .

Extending Abreu is an awful idea. He is an aging slugger who is a complete liability at 1st. We have enough position less sluggers coming up through the minors. No reason to waste any payroll on Abreu. 

• Haha 1

Since Abreu's already on a one year deal, there's absolutely no reason not to keep doing that...year to year, assuming we trade him this mid-season to a playoff contender.

Then again, if you were Abreu, at his age now, wouldn't you prefer to play for a playoff-contending team, even if it meant you were platooned?

NOTE:  All those who argued that Bregman and Jimenez should get what are essentially now similar deals officially are off their rockers.

No wonder the Astros are so much better than the Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

Alex Bregman is one of my favorite players in the game. Fantastic hitter, fantiastic swing, fantastic personality.  Im looking forward to watching him for many years to come which hopefully will be a hall of fame career. God Bless him and his new deal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Alex Bregman is one of my favorite players in the game. Fantastic hitter, fantiastic swing, fantastic personality.  Im looking forward to watching him for many years to come which hopefully will be a hall of fame career. God Bless him and his new deal.

Da Sox need to get one these Alex Bregman type guys on their squad soon! 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

Yep. And he can play a few different positions. He's a fun player and was an easy keeper decision for me this year.