Sox vs. Arizona March 20th 2019

Insp

The Sox now have the worst record in Spring Training owing to Hahn's failure to even consider free agent acquisitions outside of a half-hearted pursuit of Machado.  If the team is to turn things around and then bring that momentum into the regular season, it needs to start now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Insp said:

The Sox now have the worst record in Spring Training owing to Hahn's failure to even consider free agent acquisitions outside of a half-hearted pursuit of Machado.  If the team is to turn things around and then bring that momentum into the regular season, it needs to start now.

297.png

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Insp said:

you're an idiot. please leave

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Curious to see what Santana has left, finally.

Also, Mendick fans are getting a rare treat this preseason.

👍 I'm looking at the same things. Santana, when I seen him vs. us, always gave us a hard time. It would be neat to see Mendick make this team. Looking at his minor league numbers, they are not too shabby.

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

👍 I'm looking at the same things. Santana, when I seen him vs. us, always gave us a hard time. It would be neat to see Mendick make this team. Looking at his minor league numbers, they are not too shabby.

Mendick is not making this team out of spring training.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I think Mendick makes Yolmer and Rondon expendable later in the year. He seems like a guy who will have a solid bench role in the Sox future.

His minor league numbers don’t assure that.  Let’s see where is in July at Charlotte in terms of overall numbers.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I think Mendick makes Yolmer and Rondon expendable later in the year. He seems like a guy who will have a solid bench role in the Sox future.

He has a big time uphill climb to make the team.  I know he has had a big spring, but he hasn't really done anything impressive in the minors as of yet, and he is already 25.  He has an outside chance at getting some ABs, but I would be moderately surprised if he was ever a decent part of the line up.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

His minor league numbers don’t assure that.  Let’s see where is in July at Charlotte in terms of overall numbers.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He has a big time uphill climb to make the team.  I know he has had a big spring, but he hasn't really done anything impressive in the minors as of yet, and he is already 25.  He has an outside chance at getting some ABs, but I would be moderately surprised if he was ever a decent part of the line up.

I'm not saying he'll make the team out of ST. He shouldn't. But he's been impressive this spring. He could be a guy that allows the Sox to move on from Rondon or Yolmer. I don't think he's every going to be starter material. I view him as a solid future infielder off the bench.

20 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I'm not saying he'll make the team out of ST. He shouldn't. But he's been impressive this spring. He could be a guy that allows the Sox to move on from Rondon or Yolmer. I don't think he's every going to be starter material. I view him as a solid future infielder off the bench.

Utility sounds like a reasonable ceiling. 

3 hours ago, Insp said:

Really off the mark over a spring game and I think you know that.