What record would this team have in AL? Names!!!

caulfield12

Rotation

Sale, Q, Junior Guerra, Gio Gonzalez, Shark/C.Richard/D.Holland/EJax

Bullpen

A.Reed, McCarthy, Devenski, Soria, Avilan, Swarzak, Liriano, Albers, Cedeno, Montas, Brandon Brennan (M’s), Duke, Kahnle, Clippard, Robertson (choose 7)

Infield

Jose Martinez 1B, Saladino or A. Hanson 2B, Marcus Semien SS, Ed. Escobar/Frazier 3B (Beckham, Lawrie, Micah Johnson)

DH

Matt Davidson, Chris Carter

Catcher

Narvaez, Flowers, Avila, Phegley, K.Smith, Chris Stewart

Outfield

Dayan Viciedo (JPN), M.Cabrera, A.Eaton, Avi Garcia...Trayce Thompson, Hawkins 

2019 Spring Training Courtney Hawkins

Year Tm Age GS G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB OppQual
2019 CIN 25   3 4 4 2 3 0 0 2 3 0 0 0 1 .750 .750 2.250 3.000 9 0 0 0 0 0 7.9
CIN.svg

Hawkins signed a minor-league contract with the Reds on Friday, Brandon Warne of ZoneCoverage.com reports.

Hawkins was released by the White Sox in mid-April and has since been playing with the Sugar Land Skeeters in the independent Atlantic League. The 2012 first-round pick stalled out at Double-A over the last few years and started this season 3-for-25 before being released by the White Sox. The 24-year-old will likely report to Double-A Pensacola for his new organization

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Not a very good one

The rotation would be much better and bullpen would be better.

Eaton, Escobar, Avi, Jose Martinez, Me.Cabrera, Semien, Frazier/Davidson, Flowers/Narvaez, Saladino/Hanson.  

Outfield would suck having to play Cabrera, but the Indians also tried to get by with him in second half last year.

Probably similar offenses, with White Sox having a lot more upside with young players.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

The rotation would be much better and bullpen would be better.

Eaton, Escobar, Avi, Jose Martinez, Me.Cabrera, Semien, Frazier/Davidson, Flowers/Narvaez, Saladino/Hanson.  

Outfield would suck having to play Cabrera, but the Indians also tried to get by with him in second half last year.

Probably similar offenses, with White Sox having a lot more upside with young players.

On what planet?

The only advantage this team would have are 1 and 2 starters. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...why the fuck did you feel the need to insert a giant blurb on Courtney Hawkins in the middle of that because of four spring training at-bats.  You really are your own worst enemy Caulfield.

I was thinking that if somehow resurrected his career from the dead, that would be even more embarrassing than Tatis...unlikely, sure.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you really arguing that somehow Courtney Hawkins could have figured something out because of four spring training at-bats?

No.  I actually can’t believe another MLB team signed him, that was the most shocking part.   I would have thought he’d be playing football at a Division III school in Texas instead.

Now, in all likelihood, the magical, Clemente-like powers of Puig will rub off on him.

Edited by caulfield12

I’m taking back my comments about that pen beating the current one.

Ruiz is going to be a monster when he figures out how to pitch instead of throw.

Colome/Herrera

Fry

Jones/Ruiz

Frare

Covey/Banuelos/Hamilton/Burr/Burdi/Thompson

Best bullpen in the division, for sure.  At least one aspect of the club to look forward to.