2019 MiLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

Very happy to see former White Sox farm hand Brandon Brennan debut in The Show with Seattle in Tokyo with an nice outing, good guy

Tons of former Sox in that Tokyo Series (Narvaez, Brennan, Soria, Bassitt, Phegley, Semien)

Who's the Sox connection in SEA and CIN? SEA recently added Brennan, Danish, Leyer, Polo, and traded for Narvaez...CIN recently added Powers, Hawkins, Logan Taylor (now released), Leyer (before he signed with SEA)

Is it Buddy Bell in CIN? What about SEA?

It's been 5 years or so since we've been relevant. We have our good prospects reaching the majors or the high levels AA-AAA.

There is a good chance we'll know whether or not it's going to work out pretty soon. Don't know whether to be excited, or program

suicide hotline into my phone. I'll probably just go buy a thirty pack of Grain Belt instead.

21 hours ago, zisk said:

It's been 5 years or so since we've been relevant. We have our good prospects reaching the majors or the high levels AA-AAA.

There is a good chance we'll know whether or not it's going to work out pretty soon. Don't know whether to be excited, or program

suicide hotline into my phone. I'll probably just go buy a thirty pack of Grain Belt instead.

From the perspective of someone who deals with young adults, this just isn't funny at all. 

Dunt

12:21

Can Zack Collins fit into a Carlos Santana type career trajectory or is his defense at C that far behind?

Eric A Longenhagen

12:22

He's worse than Santana back there and not nearly as good a 1B glove

Edited by DirtySox

Kevin

12:25

How many healthy ABs for Luis Robert before he starts to make major moves up THE BOARD?

Eric A Longenhagen

12:26

It's more about the bat-to-ball stuff than health. I've seen him plenty to know what the physical tooks are, I'm just not sure how that bat path ends up playing. It's Delmon Youngish.

But we'll see. The power is huge, he's great in CF and that's typically enough

Edited by DirtySox

Delmon Young was a league average hitter for his career. If Robert does that but with more power he's an above average hitter who plays great defense. Sounds good to me!

Edited by almagest

6 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Burdi was shut down? That can’t be good. Was really looking forward to seeing what he could do.

Yeah, he’s got an oblique or something.  Last I heard he was going to stay in extended a while, but it didn’t sound serious 

• Heads22 locked and unpinned this topic