2019 MiLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

13 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Unsure if this was known or not, but Jimmy Lambert is on the IL with an elbow injury according to Curt Bloom. Mentioned it on today's broadcast.

He was in Chicago yesterday watching his younger brother make his MLB debut for Rockies.

16 hours ago, MnSoxFan said:

There were two players released off Great Falls roster. Micah Coffey, Infielder and Michael Deeb, a 1Bman. 

The AZL White Sox released 3 pitchers, Edinxon Arias, Jordis Ramos and Bryan Lara. Catcher Jose Colina and  Inf Jimmy Galuskey were also released.

Coffey was decent enough in rookie ball last year.  Wonder why the released him.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Coffey was decent enough in rookie ball last year.  Wonder why the released him.

He was pretty decent at Univ. of Minnesota too. Thought he would get a couple years at the least. 

Mayo on 2019 quick to the majors draft picks.

Andrew Vaughn, 1B, White Sox: The best pure college hitter in the class, Vaughn’s advanced approach at the plate (122 walks/75 strikeouts in his career) combined with his knack for barreling up the baseball screams quick to the bigs. The first baseman should easily get to Double-A (if not start there) in his first full season and go from there.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2019-mlb-draft-picks-that-will-be-quick-to-mlb?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Sox apparently have picked up OF Jacob Scavuzzo. He was released by the Padres at the beginning of June. Never heard of the guy, but appears to have decent power.

No idea why the Padres released a guy with a .996 OPS in AAA but I'll take him. 

49 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

And he is only 25. A lot of strikeouts but some intriguing stats

You have to be a little skeptical of the stats because it is in the PCL with the new ball, but if we have an extra spot on the 40 at some point maybe we can see what he can do in the majors.

I just noticed that former Sox farmhand, Rangel Ravelo, has surfaced with the Cardinals.  He was sent away in the Shark trade that included Semien, and others.

He could always hit.

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

I just noticed that former Sox farmhand, Rangel Ravelo, has surfaced with the Cardinals.  He was sent away in the Shark trade that included Semien, and others.

He could always hit.

Lifetime .301 average in the minors. Took a pitch on the hand when he made it up to the A's one season and that set him back big time. I always liked his bat too, they now have Ravelo and Martinez (who also could just plain hit when we had him). Took both of them quite a while to make it, good to see it.

25 minutes ago, oldsox said:

He could always hit.

If i remember correctly didn't he take time off from baseball, come back, and rake?

• Heads22 locked and unpinned this topic