2019 MiLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

3 hours ago, MnSoxFan said:

Charlotte web site transaction pulldown indicated Ryan Cordell was optioned to Charlotte.

Good catch there. Nothing on the MLB transaction page, but I believe it. Probably Anderson and Hector Santiago added tomorrow. 

edit: the MLB page is updated. Anderson activated and Cordell optioned. 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:36 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Jordan Guerrero released.  

He was having a poor year.  And they released the other Jordan a couple of months ago, and he's pitching well for the Indians' AA team.

I guess my question is why release these younger (relatively) guys, while keeping the certifiable Org Minor leaguers who are having equally poor years like Donn Roach around?

25 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

He was having a poor year.  And they released the other Jordan a couple of months ago, and he's pitching well for the Indians' AA team.

I guess my question is why release these younger (relatively) guys, while keeping the certifiable Org Minor leaguers who are having equally poor years like Donn Roach around?

Stephens was a 40 man roster casualty, Donna Roach has no baring on that.  As for Guerrero, my guess is there may have been attitude issues, but that’s just me speculating.

33 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Stephens was a 40 man roster casualty, Donna Roach has no baring on that.  As for Guerrero, my guess is there may have been attitude issues, but that’s just me speculating.

With all the injuries this season, these are two guys (the Jordans) who probably would have gotten a call-up if not for their bad year (in Guerrero's case, 2018 as well).

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Stephens was a 40 man roster casualty, 

Thanks.  I didn't realize Stephens was on the 40 man. I had thought they left him off last December, people were worried he'd get picked in Rule 5, and he wasn't, so they glided him through.

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Thanks.  I didn't realize Stephens was on the 40 man. I had thought they left him off last December, people were worried he'd get picked in Rule 5, and he wasn't, so they glided him through.

I think that was Guerrero. He means Stephens was a 40-man casualty that was removed during the season.

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

2.096 WHIP, 13.4 H/9, 2.3 HR/9, 5.4 BB in 73 IP in Triple-A doesn’t help either. Nothing about that even remotely suggests the guy would have any success at the major league level. He flat out sucked this season. After all, this was a Rule 5 guy for 2 years now that no-one bothered to give a chance. I think the Sox finally decided to move on.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Burger update. Will be participating in instructs. Shrug.

Yeah there must have been more going on than a bruised heel.  He’s someone unfortunately that you can’t expect to be in the future plans, but just have to hope for a big surprise from him.  Hoping for the best, as he’s a great person.

• Heads22 locked and unpinned this topic