2019 MiLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, fathom said:

Ha just coming to post this. At this point I wonder if he ever plays again.

Yeah. Definitely concerning. Achilles and foot pain will go together if the achilles tendon muscles are too tight. You have to wonder if the physician made the repair a little too short for symptoms to last this long.

25 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yeah. Definitely concerning. Achilles and foot pain will go together if the achilles tendon muscles are too tight. You have to wonder if the physician made the repair a little too short for symptoms to last this long.

Wow, two ruptures and then a botched surgery.  What a disaster that pick has turned out to be.

Keith Law still really likes Micker Adolfo.

Dylan

2:09

Out of all the white sox outfield prospects not named Luis Robert or Steele Walker, who (Luis Basabe, Micker Adolfo, Blake Rutherford, Luis Gonzalez) has the Most realistic chance at making the majors and contributing

Keith Law

2:10

Adolfo is going to hit his way to the majors. I'd probably pick him.

https://meadowparty.com/blog/2019/11/21/klawchat-11-21-19/

Edited by DirtySox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the Benyamaniacs out there, he came in at #9 for BA's top 20 DSL prospects.

9. Benyamin Bailey, OF, White Sox

Born: Sept. 18, 2001. B-T: R-R. Ht: 6-5. Wt: 225. Signed: Panama, 2019.

Despite his standout physicality and being one of the top performers in Panama as an amateur, Bailey signed with the White Sox for just $35,000 last year in April. Bailey didn't have much time to get ready for the DSL season, where he was facing better velocity than he was used to seeing in Panama, but that didn't seem to matter. He dominated the league as a 17-year-old, ranking first in the DSL in OBP. Bailey walked more than he struck out and has numbers that look like they might come from a little guy, but he's a physical specimen at 6-foot-5, 225 pounds, with a chance to be a power/speed threat, though more so for power. He hit just two home runs during the season, but he has above-average raw power that he should tap into more with experience. Given how big and long Bailey is, there is probably always going to be some length to his swing, but his strike-zone discipline helps and he has good bat-to-ball skills for his size. A corner outfielder, Bailey is an above-average runner underway, but at his size, he's probably going to lose a step as he gets older and even bigger.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-dominican-summer-league-top-20-prospects/

Edited by DirtySox
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I like how high they are on bailey but "already became one of the top prospects of the DSL" isn't really that amazing.

Very likely he's in AZL but can't freakin wait until he's in Kanny and we can get real notes on him (also hope that he destroys AZL.

From Law's chat today. Unsure if I should take this as Stiever forcing the issue, Lopez performing poorly, or a combination of both.

Steve

1:07

Granted, everyone needs more pitching but how do you see things shaking out for the White Sox rotation in 2020? Keuchel and Giolito seem like they should give 6+ most of the time. But Lopez gonna Lopez, Gio Gonzalez had a dead arm most of last year, Kopech is going to have some sort of post-TJS innings cap and Cease is sort of a wild card. Tandem starts part of the solution?

Keith Law

1:08

Don't know that I buy your pessimism on Gio, but I agree Lopez remains ill-suited to starting, and they might need another fifth-starter/depth guy. I don't think it's out of the question that Stiever makes some starts for them this year.

Edited by DirtySox

On 1/16/2020 at 1:00 PM, DirtySox said:

From Law's chat today. Unsure if I should take this as Stiever forcing the issue, Lopez performing poorly, or a combination of both.

I think it's a combination of both. Stiever could break into top 100 territory if he has another year like he did last year.

• Heads22 locked and unpinned this topic