Giolito thread

caulfield12

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I blame Parkman for Giolito’s shitty start yesterday.  Jack got way too cocky after that first start and ignored Lucas’ extensive history as a headcase which most definitely angered the baseball gods.  We really need to see some consistent results out of Giolito before we draw any conclusions.

You better watch the superstition,  you are going to offend someone. 

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I blame Parkman for Giolito’s shitty start yesterday.  Jack got way too cocky after that first start and ignored Lucas’ extensive history as a headcase which most definitely angered the baseball gods.  We really need to see some consistent results out of Giolito before we draw any conclusions.

I most certainly did not. I even said I had to see it until June before gloating. It was other people projecting that aura upon me. Same with Moncada. I'm concerned a bit that once the new scouting report gets out on Moncada he's going to suck again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I most certainly did not. I even said I had to see it until June before gloating. It was other people projecting that aura upon me. Same with Moncada. I'm concerned a bit that once the new scouting report gets out on Moncada he's going to suck again. 

Moncada has made the main adjustment he needed to make. He is more aggressive early in the count but hes swinging at more strikes and less balls than last year by a lot. Theres no new adjustment the league can make to that.

Dont project your negativity on yoan just because Lucas blows. I've said it 100 times but when you change mechanics all the time, it becomes so difficult to repeat them and remain with them. After a couple more starts like yesterday Lucas will think he needs to tweak something again when in reality he just needs to stick with something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Moncada has made the main adjustment he needed to make. He is more aggressive early in the count but hes swinging at more strikes and less balls than last year by a lot. Theres no new adjustment the league can make to that.

Dont project your negativity on yoan just because Lucas blows. I've said it 100 times but when you change mechanics all the time, it becomes so difficult to repeat them and remain with them. After a couple more starts like yesterday Lucas will think he needs to tweak something again when in reality he just needs to stick with something.

I'd agree with you that Giolito needs to stick with something. It doesn't change the fact that he can be a really good pitcher when he repeats his delivery during a start. If the Sox end up giving up on him, he's probably going to go have a nice career elsewhere. If he doesn't, he should sue the Nationals for career sabotage. The dude was going to be great until the Nationals broke something that didn't need to be fixed. 

My thought on Moncada was more watching the game yesterday when he went 0-5. Pitchers can take advantage of his newfound aggressiveness. I'm a bit concerned he's going to end up turning into Tim Anderson. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

He wasn't getting any favors from the umps. He was flying open again, and when he does that, the velo is down. It wasn't down a lot (91-92 instead of 90-91) but it was enough. 

His velocity is around 95 with his corrected delivery and when he flies open it goes down to 91.  Giolito is unfortunately still the same guy as last year if he can’t repeat his delivery from start to start.

Edited by Harper2Sox

34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You can't help yourself. Make a statement but then come back and quickly toe the line, giving yourself room to be right either way. You're something else.

38 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You can't help yourself. Make a statement but then come back and quickly toe the line, giving yourself room to be right either way. You're something else.

Shut up. It's stupid to overreact to one fucking start. I'm trying to be rational about it. I'm not afraid to be wrong, I've said that multiple times.

Liking a prospect and ignoring reality are two different things. 

Learn how to tell the difference.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd agree with you that Giolito needs to stick with something. It doesn't change the fact that he can be a really good pitcher when he repeats his delivery during a start. If the Sox end up giving up on him, he's probably going to go have a nice career elsewhere. If he doesn't, he should sue the Nationals for career sabotage. The dude was going to be great until the Nationals broke something that didn't need to be fixed. 

My thought on Moncada was more watching the game yesterday when he went 0-5. Pitchers can take advantage of his newfound aggressiveness. I'm a bit concerned he's going to end up turning into Tim Anderson. 

Pal, yoan wasnt going to hit 450. 0-5s and 0-4s are just a part of the game. Move on to the next day and continue with what he's been doing. He'll be fine. 

If gio went 0-5 after a couple good games with an approach that was working he'd change hit batting stance. 

Theres nothing the league can do to adjust from you swinging at more strikes and less balls. That's just someone learning to use his good eye to his benefit.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Gio's just gotta get that new delivery down 100%. Even though the KC game was great, it's clear he doesn't quite have it mastered yet. If he can master it, he looks to be a tough pitcher to deal with. Here's hoping yesterday's game was a great learning experience for Lucas in what it takes to repeat that delivery. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pal, yoan wasnt going to hit 450. 0-5s and 0-4s are just a part of the game. Move on to the next day and continue with what he's been doing. He'll be fine. 

If gio went 0-5 after a couple good games with an approach that was working he'd change hit batting stance. 

Theres nothing the league can do to adjust from you swinging at more strikes and less balls. That's just someone learning to use his good eye to his benefit.

Holy fucking shit dude, enough with this “pal” nonsense.  

Edited by default
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pitchers and hitters are always tweaking something. They need to make adjustments to survive in the MLB. The key is to find the basics and make tweaks not major changes. He needs more time with the new mechanics to see how they do against MLB hitters. It's all fine to do them in the offseason in a lab. It's a other thing to see how MLB hitters react to them.

1 hour ago, default said:

Holy fucking shit dude, enough with this “pal” nonsense.  

Do you ever post without attacking people? Lighten up their Francis. I don't need your approval on what words to use in a post, pal.

The next post you make that isnt attacking a post or poster will be your first.

Edit: two posts in a week, both attacking me but not actually contributing to the thread. Good stuff. Glad to have you around. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Do you ever post without attacking people? Lighten up their Francis. I don't need your approval on what words to use in a post, pal.

Poop.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Shut up. It's stupid to overreact to one fucking start. I'm trying to be rational about it. I'm not afraid to be wrong, I've said that multiple times.

Liking a prospect and ignoring reality are two different things. 

Learn how to tell the difference.  

A week ago you were preparing to gloat. During the game yesterday you posted that his mechanics were concerning. Today you're blaming other posters for projecting it on you. Get your story straight

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Edit: two posts in a week, both attacking me but not actually contributing to the thread. Good stuff. Glad to have you around. 

Attack??  Hahahahaha lighten up PAL.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Is it that difficult to post without being condescending? Your posts have substance but you make yourself incredibly unlikable. I think you need to take your own advice and lighten up a bit. Relax a little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is it that difficult to post without being condescending? Your posts have substance but you make yourself incredibly unlikable. I think you need to take your own advice and lighten up a bit. Relax a little.

Ron, you are my favorite poster. Glad to have you chime in here. Have a great Sunday, buddy!

Let's face it, let's never take anything out of a series with the Royals, either way. Royals thought they had a great starting staff and great bullpen and contending team after our series. Sox last year thought they had a phenom in Davidson. Sox-Royals games should never be considered when looking at an overall player's performance.

I must confess I fell for it. Thought Gio and Lopez were gonna be the real deal and even added them to fantasy teams. One more bad start and gotta drop both.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Let's face it, let's never take anything out of a series with the Royals, either way. Royals thought they had a great starting staff and great bullpen and contending team after our series. Sox last year thought they had a phenom in Davidson. Sox-Royals games should never be considered when looking at an overall player's performance.

I must confess I fell for it. Thought Gio and Lopez were gonna be the real deal and even added them to fantasy teams. One more bad start and gotta drop both.

Greg does fantasy baseball?

29 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A week ago you were preparing to gloat. During the game yesterday you posted that his mechanics were concerning. Today you're blaming other posters for projecting it on you. Get your story straight

I said, in that thread, that I wasn't going to gloat until June. Am I still positive about Gio? Yeah. If the dude could ever repeat his delivery he'd be a hell of a pitcher. What was concerning is that he was flying open and falling off the mound again yesterday. People were projecting that I was overly positive about his 1st start when I said I had to see it until June before I declared victory. I have been consistent about him? Absolutely. The only inconsistency exists in your mind.