Chris Sale nearing extension with Boston

ChiSox59

19 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

It's really too bad that someone held a gun to Rick Hahn's head and forced him to trade away the greatest pitcher in White Sox history. Hahn should have at least filed a grievance with the league over that. 

It was the right move for the franchise. What wasn't the right move was allowing the guy who wasted his White Sox career to be the guy to trade him away. 

Rebuilding wasn't the wrong decision. The wrong decision was allowing the same architects that fucked up the last job the opportunity to try and fix it. 

I actually am not all that pissed with the trades that the Sox pulled off. I thought that the Sale trade was light, but......they shot for the moon, and I commend them for that. They didn't go for just your average players, they tried to get superstars. None have panned out so far, but they still may. I have a feeling that with a healthy season Robert is going to skyrocket up prospect lists this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It was the right move for the franchise. What wasn't the right move was allowing the guy who wasted his White Sox career to be the guy to trade him away. 

Rebuilding wasn't the wrong decision. The wrong decision was allowing the same architects that fucked up the last job the opportunity to try and fix it. 

I actually am not all that pissed with the trades that the Sox pulled off. I thought that the Sale trade was light, but......they shot for the moon, and I commend them for that. They didn't go for just your average players, they tried to get superstars. None have panned out so far, but they still may. I have a feeling that with a healthy season Robert is going to skyrocket up prospect lists this year. 

It was definitely the right move for JR and company's bottom line. 

The decision to rebuild or not is a matter of opinion.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Financially it could easily happen.  The only guy on that list that would likely prove challenging is Cole.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cole's agent is some guy named Scott 

With Sale off the market, Cole to the Yankees seems like a perfect match. Sabathia and Tanaka are FAs/retirees from their rotation next year so they have the money and need.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I have no idea why they didn't do 1) initially 

They were still disillusioned enough to think James shields could help the ballclub reach the playoffs. The fact that they even traded anything to them for James Shields given his stats in that ballpark is astonishing. That is an all time great for KennyHahn.

• Like 1

Just now, Dam8610 said:

He was more injured than the Padres medical records they posted on the system would have led a team to believe. That was the whole issue of the scandal.

You can't be more injured and not injured at the same time. If he had gone down for TJS that's one thing, but the guy actually wasn't hurt. The league isn't going to give you a redo for a deal you did where even if the medical records weren't complete, there wasn't anything of note.

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

It's really too bad that someone held a gun to Rick Hahn's head and forced him to trade away the greatest pitcher in White Sox history. Hahn should have at least filed a grievance with the league over that. 

Sale has a long way to go to be the greatest pitcher in White Sox history. Ted Lyons and Ed Walsh come to mind immediately.