Palk Smash!

Waylo Kneehigh

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

How long will they throw Palka out there in RF? He is so bad there. Abreu and Yonder have 1B/DH locked down. 

Alonso cutting into his AB's is a concern but this guy seems to think Palks gonna get about 480 AB's this year.  I want him to get every chance, that power doesn't come around often.  If he can put something together he could be impressive AND good for a while with sub par defense.  Nothing says he won't get better in that area either though I'm not holding my breath. 

Palka's rookie year reminded me of Josh Fields's rookie year, very similar

Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB Pos Awards
2007 24 CHW AL 100 418 373 54 91 17 1 23 67 1 1 35 125 .244 .308 .480 .788 101 179 11 1 6 3 0 57

RoY-7

2018 26 CHW AL 124 449 417 56 100 15 3 27 67 2 1 30 153 .240 .294 .484 .778 111 202 7 2 0 0 3 D97 RoY-5

Let's hope Palka builds off this success

Sucks he's already 27

Just now, ChiSoxJon said:

Alonso will be solid until he's dealt...unlike Jay who will suck

We can only hope, but remember - it only took Alex Call to land him. Don't expect much, if anything. If the Sox were in the position to compete, Alonso isn't the worst thing in the world. But for this season, I would much rather have used the DH spot to rotate guys in and out and get consistent day-to-day AB's. Alonso totally disrupts that. I'm even more worried about the vesting option. I don't want to see him on the 2020 roster.

36 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

We can only hope, but remember - it only took Alex Call to land him. Don't expect much, if anything. If the Sox were in the position to compete, Alonso isn't the worst thing in the world. But for this season, I would much rather have used the DH spot to rotate guys in and out and get consistent day-to-day AB's. Alonso totally disrupts that. I'm even more worried about the vesting option. I don't want to see him on the 2020 roster.

Agree with this to a tee

11 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Who really cares about Alonso's vesting option? The Sox are gonna need a DH in 2020. Alonso will be right in the Sox price range as well. 

Would seriously rather rotate bench options, a guy that just DH's takes up a roster space to me

15 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Who really cares about Alonso's vesting option? The Sox are gonna need a DH in 2020. Alonso will be right in the Sox price range as well. 

Everyone who doesn’t want to waste $9 million on a mediocre player to fit into the easiest position to fill.