Luis Robert to Start Season in A+

KnightsOnMintSt

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m worried they’ll start Walker in Low A.

Not major harm if they do, never dominated KAN and have a crowded OF at higher levels with Eloy, Robert, Gonzalez, Rutherford, Basabe

Should spend the majority of '19 with WS however

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Great news. Was dreading they would rush him to AA. 

Hopefully dominates and moves somewhat quickly

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I like those guys all being in the same place to push each other.

As do I, similarly, I noticed Eloy and Madrigal being chummy in ST...hopefully reunite on the South Side

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Ideally though, they want Walker finishing the year in BIrmingham with Adolfo, Basabe and Gonzalez in Charlotte 

Don't forget Rutherford, expecting a big year...and that's from someone who was low on him for the longest time...Should start in BIR with a chance to end in CHA

36 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

I think robert can become  a top5 overall prospect if he stays healthy and performs.

He's hyped, God willing he stays healthy and dominates

On 3/23/2019 at 2:00 PM, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

I think robert can become  a top5 overall prospect if he stays healthy and performs.

I swear the last 2 springs Robert hasn't looked over matched at all. I look at him and see a Major League talent but then he goes down and gets hurt.  I want him to do so well and fast. Hoping he can get to AAA this year. I know with so many OF's pushing for that level it doesn't seem likely but let them battle it out . Basabe, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Robert and Adolfo; those who play best get 1st shot and with someone like Robert if he can rake at AA I wouldn't hesitate to give him the 1st shot in CF.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Nice video clip.   Physically, Luis Robert does not look like a rookie. How much more does this guy need to "develop" before he is "ready" to play  at the major league level?   He has proven that he can hit fast balls and curve balls abd that he has tremendous power. He is as fast as lightening. How much time should be wasted knowing that  the prime career years for most major league players are over by the time they hit thirty. ?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tray said:

Nice video clip.   Physically, Luis Robert does not look like a rookie. How much more does this guy need to "develop" before he is "ready" to play  at the major league level?   He has proven that he can hit fast balls and curve balls abd that he has tremendous power. He is as fast as lightening. How much time should be wasted knowing that  the prime career years for most major league players are over by the time they hit thirty. ?

Luis Robert is 21 years old, there is zero reason to rush given the complete lack of development he’s had these past few years.  Let him prove himself at High A and AA this year.  If all goes well, he’s up sometime in 2020 as a 23 year old.

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Luis Robert is 21 years old, there is zero reason to rush given the complete lack of development he’s had these past few years.  Let him prove himself at High A and AA this year.  If all goes well, he’s up sometime in 2020 as a 23 year old.

I am really really hoping for the start of 2020. If he can stay healthy he's going to be very very good. Like 5+ WAR every year good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I am really really hoping for the start of 2020. If he can stay healthy he's going to be very very good. Like 5+ WAR every year good.

Yup. I believe he has the highest ceiling of any player in the organization and it isn't particularly close. 

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2019 at 4:00 PM, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

I do not think Robert has shown the plus hit tool he would need to end up as a top five overall prospect. He seems to have a 50/55 grade hit tool at best, which will hold him back some. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

I do not think Robert has shown the plus hit tool he would need to end up as a top five overall prospect. He seems to have a 50/55 grade hit tool at best, which will hold him back some. 

He also has elite speed and plus raw power.  He can impact the game in a variety of ways and make up for an average hit tool.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He also has elite speed and plus raw power.  He can impact the game in a variety of ways and make up for an average hit tool.

I agree with you completely. Like Dick Allen just said, Robert is a combine star who has yet to be healthy and reach the massive potential. 

He certainly could be a player who clicks in 2019 and has a major breakout season, or could get injured again and disappoint. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steveno89 said:

I agree with you completely. Like Dick Allen just said, Robert is a combine star who has yet to be healthy and reach the massive potential. 

He certainly could be a player who clicks in 2019 and has a major breakout season, or could get injured again and disappoint. 

One thing going for him is the injuries that he's had are minor things. No knee or broken ankle or shoulder. Things that debilitate a career.

2 hours ago, zisk said:

One thing going for him is the injuries that he's had are minor things. No knee or broken ankle or shoulder. Things that debilitate a career.

One thing that concerns me is his lack of playing. He was idle a long time before he signed, then hardly played and was hurt. And he missed a lot of time last year. That is development time he isn't getting back. Sometimes layoffs like these can really derail a career. There is no doubt about his physical ability 

11 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

Cameron has 50 career WAR and several 5 win seasons. I would absolutely take that from robert.

Not sure if it is the same profile though, I think robert has more power but isn't as good defensively 

Yea Mike sure could go get it but his power never really developed how we hoped.  That said, Mike had a great career and should probably be in the "hall of very good".  If Robert comes close that would be awesome.