Burr, Banuelos, Covey to Pen

Heads22

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ew to Covey. There had to be a better option. 

Maybe a trade in the works? Nate Jones? 

Could be that Banuelos is strictly a Loogy and Covey is the long man.

Frare was the only other LH option, I’m good with Banuelos.

And with our staff there will likely be a good amount of duds where we need someone to eat 3 or 4 innings...that’s where Covey comes in. Who else would you like to waste in that role?

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Could be that Banuelos is strictly a Loogy and Covey is the long man.

Frare was the only other LH option, I’m good with Banuelos.

And with our staff there will likely be a good amount of duds where we need someone to eat 3 or 4 innings...that’s where Covey comes in. Who else would you like to waste in that role?

Loogys don't exist anymore, remember? You have to pitch to 3 batters now. 

36 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Also means Hamilton is starting on the IL too. Covey's stay is probably going to be short lived.

Yeah, Hamilton is building arm strength following a car accident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/white-soxs-ian-hamilton-working-back-from-shoulder-injury/amp/

My guess is with Covey placed in the pen, once Hamilton is at full strength, he's coming for that spot.

Just now, Quin said:

Yeah, Hamilton is building arm strength following a car accident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/white-soxs-ian-hamilton-working-back-from-shoulder-injury/amp/

My guess is with Covey placed in the pen, once Hamilton is at full strength, he's coming for that spot.

Hamilton pitched a perfect 9 pitch inning today in the MiLB game.

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Also means Hamilton is starting on the IL too. Covey's stay is probably going to be short lived.

Hamilton would be in AAA or on AAA IL/DL.  He isn't starting on MLB IL. Don't have options list in front of me but don't believe it is an issue with him. 

Edited by ChiSox59

I really wish that the White Sox would change their stance on the opener because I think Covey would be great in that role. 

As a SP he has a BAA of .212, a BABIP of .242 and he has a LOB of 79.2% the first time through the order. The second time through the order his BAA is .301, he sports a BABIP of .346 and a 53.5% LOB. And the third time through the order he sports a BAA of .297, a BABIP of .338 and a LOB of 47.5%.

Let him go 2 or 3 innings an appearance at max effort and the Sox might have a good weapon on their hands.