Sox interested in Yolbert Sanchez

EvilJester99

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox were far from the only team in baseball that thought he was the better pitcher. Fulmer was much better in college.

Sometimes guys with high floors and what appears to be limited ceilings turn into Superstars - see Jose Altuve. Scouting isn't black and white. 

I also think people should pump their breaks on Walker Buehler. Would I take him over Fulmer today? Obviously. Is he a guaranteed + pitcher going forward? No. Walker has one + ++ pitch (his fastball) and then a whole lot of ???. Will he continue to grow and improve? Possibly, but I am not all in on the Walker Buehler camp like some are. He needs to develop his secondary stuff or he'll be an inconsistent starter going forward whose best year was his rookie year.

Not sure this person agrees with you. 

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/3/26/18281077/walker-buehler-dodgers-slider-cutter-driveline-postseason

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It means when evaluating via KATOH and removing prospect rankings, he fell all the way from 1 to 20. Meaning his ranking was boosted by his tools. Here you good.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/projecting-yoan-moncada/

This breaks it down a little so far.

I like KATOH, but you’re using it wrong if you’re trying draw conclusions about a guy like Moncada who is a top 5 physical talent who also has a plus batters eye.  As I mentioned in my previous post, Yoan was legit bad last year relative to his potential and he was still a league average player.  Like most top overall positional prospects, he is both high ceiling and high floor no matter how you try to spin this.  I don’t really care what KATOH or any projection system has to say about it.