03/26 vs. Arizona 2:40 PM

Insp

The Sox have the chance to finish the Spring Training season in style and start the Regular Season with some real momentum despite Hahn's failing to use any of the money that was offered Machado to improve the team.  

• bmags pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fuck, I'm actually excited for the start of the season.  

Eh.. I don't know about excited. But I'll say Eloy alone is making me feel a bit tingly inside at least. I'm more excited about the minor league season despite some of the injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Eh.. I don't know about excited. But I'll say Eloy alone is making me feel a bit tingly inside at least. I'm more excited about the minor league season despite some of the injuries. 

I'm excited to see eloy and if this team can actually surpass expectations for the first time in recent memory.  I guess I'm just succumbing to being a fan and with that comes hope, even for the most beaten down.

I'll admit I'm looking forward to the season.  Aside from Lopez and Rodon, I'm not excited about the starting pitching, although I'm very reservedly optimistic that Giolito can rebound.  The offense has the potential to be fairly exciting, with Eloy, Yoan, and Tim being highlights.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthWallace said:

With Jay likely starting on the IL, who is the 25th man?  Made this post in guess the OD roster, but we pretty much have 24 of the 25 spots on the roster set.  Who takes the last spot?

Lineup:

Leury CF, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, Jimenez LF, Palka RF, Anderson SS, Castillo C, Sanchez 2B

Bench:

Engel OF, Rondon IF/OF, McCann C

Rotation:

Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, Nova 

Pen:

Colome, Herrera, Jones, Frare, Fry, Banuelos, Burr, Covey

IL:

Jay and Santana

That is 24 on the active roster.  Who takes the final roster spot to start the season? We could use another infielder added to that group, so will Mendick be added to the 40 man and get a weeks on the big league roster?  Maybe something more boring like Goins? I believe 40 man is full, and both Mendick and Goins would need to be added.  

Edited by ChiSox59

Two nice defensive plays by Yoan so far in the first two innings. One on a bunt where he charged and made a pretty good play, and one on a pop up down the line where he made a nice running catch (made it look a lot easier than it was). 

In Eloy's first at-bat, he hit it well into the LC gap for an out.

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

With Jay likely starting on the IL, who is the 25th man?  Made this post in guess the OD roster, but we pretty much have 24 of the 25 spots on the roster set.  Who takes the last spot?

Lineup:

Leury CF, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, Jimenez LF, Palka RF, Anderson SS, Castillo C, Sanchez 2B

Bench:

Engel OF, Rondon IF/OF, McCann C

Rotation:

Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, Nova 

Pen:

Colome, Herrera, Jones, Frare, Fry, Banuelos, Burr, Covey

IL:

Jay and Santana

That is 24 on the active roster.  Who takes the final roster spot to start the season? We could use another infielder added to that group, so will Mendick be added to the 40 man and get a weeks on the big league roster?  Maybe something more boring like Goins? I believe 40 man is full, and both Mendick and Goins would need to be added.  

Does Santana need to go on IL? Wasn't he a minor league deal?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Does Santana need to go on IL? Wasn't he a minor league deal?

He was.  Not sure if they'll add him to 40 man in the next 48 hours or not.  Probably depends on the language in his contract.  But he is either going to be added to 40 man, and then shifted to 10 day DL, or he's going to AAA to make a start or two and will be added in 10 days or so.  Its already been announced by beat guys that he's making his first start 4/10, so he won't be on the roster until then.

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He was.  Not sure if they'll add him to 40 man in the next 48 hours or not.  Probably depends on the language in his contract.  But he is either going to be added to 40 man, and then shifted to 10 day DL, or he's going to AAA to make a start or two and will be added in 10 days or so.  Its already been announced by beat guys that he's making his first start 4/10, so he won't be on the roster until then.

My guess is if its two Minaya may be added, otherwise I'd guess Nicky.

Just now, bmags said:

My guess is if its two Minaya may be added, otherwise I'd guess Nicky.

Minaya is dinged up and was just removed from 40 man.  Doubt its gonna be him. 

Nicky was just optioned, so I'd surprised if it was him, though that would be the natural choice if he had not been optioned last week.  I don't even think hes in AZ with the team.  

• Tony unpinned this topic