Bryce Bush and Lenyn Sosa to Kanny to start year

bmags

Per Fegan's latest interview with Getz

https://theathletic.com/886596/2019/03/26/which-white-sox-prospects-will-level-up-to-start-the-season/?redirected=1

Perhaps the more intriguing news at Kannapolis is that 19-year-olds Bryce Bush and Lenyn Sosa will both be getting full-season opportunities out of the gate.

Very happy and excited for this. This indicates to me they have shown well in backfields and I like sox starting to be a bit more aggressive in promotions.

I do wonder what this means for Curbelo. But Bush/Sosa/Nunez/Zangari is quite interesting for an infield.

Just now, bmags said:

https://theathletic.com/886596/2019/03/26/which-white-sox-prospects-will-level-up-to-start-the-season/?redirected=1

Very happy and excited for this. This indicates to me they have shown well in backfields and I like sox starting to be a bit more aggressive in promotions.

I do wonder what this means for Curbelo. But Bush/Sosa/Nunez/Zangari is quite interesting for an infield.

I'm super excited about these 2. I am glad they moved Bush up with Sosa and Nunez. It will be interesting if these 3 can keep moving up together. 

Getz in the article says they think sosa can tap into more power but can see a utility role future for him. He has done such a good job holding his own compared to our other latam prospects, I just really hope he's a guy that beats expectations along the way.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Very cool to see them earn this.  If you start getting big returns out of these kids, that is great news for the system as a whole.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Getz in the article says they think sosa can tap into more power but can see a utility role future for him. He has done such a good job holding his own compared to our other latam prospects, I just really hope he's a guy that beats expectations along the way.

I remember Yolmer pretty much having the same description. If he can develop and become a future big leaguer like Yolmer did, then that's a win for the Sox. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I remember Yolmer pretty much having the same description. If he can develop and become a future big leaguer like Yolmer did, then that's a win for the Sox. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Exactly, even setting aside star power which can be somewhat random unless you blow your whole pool correctly, our latam pipeline should be able to churn out more yolmers and some freaking pitchers for once. Who was the last one there, Faustino DLS?

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Curbelo is also going back to Kannapolis. I'll be curious to see how they split up the playing time down there. This team is really interesting though. College outfielders and college pitchers as well. 

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Curbelo is also going back to Kannapolis. I'll be curious to see how they split up the playing time down there. This team is really interesting though. College outfielders and college pitchers as well. 

I guess they can use DH.

That Kannapolis infield will be fun to follow, but still can’t believe Walker is starting there.  Just seems like way too conservative of an assignment for him.

Also, that Pilkington write-up has me super pessimistic about the pick.  How can you take a guy who throws in the upper 80’s in the third round?

11 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That Kannapolis infield will be fun to follow, but still can’t believe Walker is starting there.  Just seems like way too conservative of an assignment for him.

Also, that Pilkington write-up has me super pessimistic about the pick.  How can you take a guy who throws in the upper 80’s in the third round?

At least Pilkington is left handed. They took Tyler Danish with a top 50 selection. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hope he builds more arm strength. He was projected Top 10 after his sophomore year for what it's worth.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Was that general concensus or just how Hostetler had him ranked?

As other said, general consensus.

And things change, but talent can always come back. Alec Hansen being the prime example. Possible #1 to bullpen to 2nd rounder to minor league leader in strikeouts to a disaster of a 2nd season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Where are we all seeing the KAN roster? Can't find it...I see people saying Sosa, Bush, Walker will be there...who else?

I don't know that it exists yet, mostly informed speculation. Fegan had Sosa and Bush there per Getz.

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Where are we all seeing the KAN roster? Can't find it...I see people saying Sosa, Bush, Walker will be there...who else?

We are trying to put together the rosters at FutureSox. I've reached out to multiple people. It's not going well haha. I know that Sosa, Bush, Nunez, Zangari, Curbelo, Steele Walker, Pilkington, Stiever are all at Kannapolis though. Madrigal/Robert at W-S. 

31 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

We are trying to put together the rosters at FutureSox. I've reached out to multiple people. It's not going well haha. I know that Sosa, Bush, Nunez, Zangari, Curbelo, Steele Walker, Pilkington, Stiever are all at Kannapolis though. Madrigal/Robert at W-S. 

Hansen at W-S as well and won’t begin the season in a starting role.