Predict the White Sox Record After 30 Games

SoxBlanco

We're in for a super long season if the team ends this stretch less like .425 ball.  The schedule is so easy to start and the Royals (6 games), Tigers (7 games) Orioles (6 games) should all be markedly worse than the Sox this season.  Those teams are dreadful. 

5 hours ago, Soxbears2001 said:

12-18 if I am optimistic. If I am realistic 9-21. I hope some of you are right though.

LOL how is 9-21 realistic? That's 52 win pace against a super soft schedule. Unless you think this team is potentially the worst of all time that's not realistic.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

First 30 games include 6 against KC, 6 against Baltimore, 7 against Detroit, 2 against Cleveland, and 3 each against TB, Seattle, and NY. 

What will their record be?

14-16

• Like 1

Hopefully something like 19-11 so that Hahn can go out there and trade Madrigal or Cease for someone like James Shields. Who's that in todays game --- Julio Teheran? Alex Cobb? Jordan Zimmeran?

Giddy up. Can't wait for this season to start. In my whole life I've never been more nonchalant about a season's start. I've either worked from home or taken the day off my whole career -- this year I doubt I'll even flip the game on. I'll probably watch the Astros/Rays over the garbage they're dumping out to us fans.

4 hours ago, OmarComing25 said:

LOL how is 9-21 realistic? That's 52 win pace against a super soft schedule. Unless you think this team is potentially the worst of all time that's not realistic.

I think this team may be historically bad but more than likely 90-100 losses. Unless some of the prospects start to deliver in which case I will be wrong. Recent Whitesox prospect history has taught me to not be optimistic when it comes to our prospects development.

7 hours ago, OmarComing25 said:

It may be the softest first 30 day schedule in baseball history and that honestly might not be an exaggeration.  22 games out of 30 against four full-on rebuilding clubs.

3 hours ago, Soxbears2001 said:

I think this team may be historically bad but more than likely 90-100 losses. Unless some of the prospects start to deliver in which case I will be wrong. Recent Whitesox prospect history has taught me to not be optimistic when it comes to our prospects development.

You’re nuts bro.  The Tigers, Royals, Orioles, & Mariners will legit be horrible and way worse than us.  We play those teams a combined 50 times this year.  We will likely suck, but we won’t be historically bad.

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It may be the softest first 30 day schedule in baseball history and that honestly might not be an exaggeration.  22 games out of 30 against four full-on rebuilding clubs.

What exactly are we? IMO we are pretty much hot garbage right now. I may be wrong about how bad we are, if Moncada learned to hit, Anderson Can get on base at even say .330 clip Eloy can put up a solid year. Our sadly mediocre staff can have 3 guys stay healhy and have decent years. If Abreu does not fall off much more. Just too many if's for me to feel confident we can escape with under 90 L's. (Note, after we traded Lee for Pods and Lost Mags I predicted a. 500 season at best sooooo.)

Edited by Soxbears2001

4 minutes ago, Soxbears2001 said:

What exactly are we? IMO we are pretty much hot garbage right now. I may be wrong about how bad we are, if Moncada learned to hit, Anderson Can get on base at even say .330 clip Eloy can put up a solid year. Our sadly mediocre staff can have 3 guys stay healhy and have decent years. If Abreu does not fall off much more. Just too many if's for me to feel confident we can escape with under 90 L's. (Note, after we traded Lee for Pods and Lost Mags I predicted a. 500 season at best sooooo.)

We aren’t good either, but we’re better than the four teams I mentioned and that will help out to some extent.

17 minutes ago, Soxbears2001 said:

You're talking about 90 losses here but in your earlier post you said it was realistic to go 9-21 against a bunch of teams just as bad or worse than we are. If 9-21 against them is realistic then against the rest of the schedule you'd expect even worse than that. Which means you think it's realistic to expect this team to be worse than the 2003 Tigers.

• Haha 1