Predict the White Sox Record After 30 Games

SoxBlanco

4 hours ago, Soxbears2001 said:

I think this team may be historically bad but more than likely 90-100 losses. Unless some of the prospects start to deliver in which case I will be wrong. Recent Whitesox prospect history has taught me to not be optimistic when it comes to our prospects development.

giphy (6).gif

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re nuts bro.  The Tigers, Royals, Orioles, & Mariners will legit be horrible and way worse than us.  We play those teams a combined 50 times this year.  We will likely suck, but we won’t be historically bad.

I agree with you overall but the Mariners actually have a decent amount of talent on their MLB roster. An offense featuring D. Santana (still can't believe Milwaukee gave him up for so little), Haniger, Encarnacion, Smith, Bruce, Gordon, and dare I say Narvaez, is probably significantly better than ours. Kikuchi and Gonzales should be solid, and while their pitching sucks outside of those two, so does ours. 

34 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I agree with you overall but the Mariners actually have a decent amount of talent on their MLB roster. An offense featuring D. Santana (still can't believe Milwaukee gave him up for so little), Haniger, Encarnacion, Smith, Bruce, Gordon, and dare I say Narvaez, is probably significantly better than ours. Kikuchi and Gonzales should be solid, and while their pitching sucks outside of those two, so does ours. 

🤔...maybe I overestimated how bad the Mariners are going to be, but I really don’t think that their offense will be significantly better than ours.  Outside of Haniger, the rest of those guys are not good, declining, and/or have huge question marks.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

🤔...maybe I overestimated how bad the Mariners are going to be, but I really don’t think that their offense will be significantly better than ours.  Outside of Haniger, the rest of those guys are not good, declining, and/or have huge question marks.

I have found watching this thread to be intriguing when I also noted that PECOTA said that both the Mariners and Royals are projected to be better than the White Sox. I don't know what to make of that projection yet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I have found watching this thread to be intriguing when I also noted that PECOTA said that both the Mariners and Royals are projected to be better than the White Sox. I don't know what to make of that projection yet.

The Mariners, at least, should be significantly better. Not Wild Card good but not awful.

The Royals, yeah I dunno about that.

6 minutes ago, daggins said:

The Mariners, at least, should be significantly better. Not Wild Card good but not awful.

The Royals, yeah I dunno about that.

Fangraphs has the Mariners at 65 wins even after starting 2-0 (Sox are at 71), just a couple wins ahead of Baltimore. Might seem a little pessimistic but they also play in a much tougher division than the White Sox.

1 hour ago, OmarComing25 said:

Fangraphs has the Mariners at 65 wins even after starting 2-0 (Sox are at 71), just a couple wins ahead of Baltimore. Might seem a little pessimistic but they also play in a much tougher division than the White Sox.

Which system? FG Depth Charts has the M's at 27.6 WAR for the season, about 5 wins better than the White Sox. I think most of the projection systems have them between 72-75 wins.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:45 PM, ChiSox59 said:

@ KC 2-1

@ Cle 1-1

vs. Sea 1-2

vs. Rays 2-1

@ NY 1-2

vs. KC 2-1

@ DET 2-2

@ BAL 2-1

vs. DET 2-1

vs. BAL 2-1

17-13. Honestly felt like I wasn't being overly optimistic either.  That is a super favorable schedule, and the Sox could easily get off to a hot start. 

On 3/26/2019 at 11:20 PM, Whitesox27 said:

@ KC 2-1

@ CLE 1-1

vs. SEA 2-1

vs. TB 2-1

@ NYY 1-2

vs. KC 3-0

@ DET 3-1

@ BAL 2-1

vs. DET 2-1

vs. BAL 3-0

21-9.

When I've played that game in the past, the "Oh this team is bad so the Sox will win the series," I was burned every year. Don't forget that we are still considered a bad team (until we see progress of course).

9 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I think the problem with PECOTA and our team is that we have a ton of high variance guys that could greatly exceed their projections.  I honestly feel that Moncada, Jimenez, Rodon, & Lopez will all have good years and be worth quite a bit more than PECOTA is predicting.

50 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

When I've played that game in the past, the "Oh this team is bad so the Sox will win the series," I was burned every year. Don't forget that we are still considered a bad team (until we see progress of course).

Oh I agree, but I think this team is much better than the Orioles, Royals and Tigers who the sox play 19 of our first 30 games.  I don't think 12-7 or better in those 19 games is that big of a reach. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, daggins said:

Which system? FG Depth Charts has the M's at 27.6 WAR for the season, about 5 wins better than the White Sox. I think most of the projection systems have them between 72-75 wins.

My bad, I mixed up the Mariners and Marlins, guess my brain stopped reading after seeing the “MAR”, you’re right.

Edited by OmarComing25

Rodon actually looked great, albeit he got tired/lit up in the sixth. I can see why Rick let him try the sixth. Unless we go to openers, a starter should be able to go six consistently. Wish he woulda sucked it up and got thru the sixth. Our pen did look pedestrian in Game One. I'll stick with my 88 wins and a winning record after 30 though greg is concerned about 2B. I get mad about certain things and it's stuck in my head that we coulda had Yoan at 2B and Davidson at third with Davidson not blocking anybody and I think that's a much more effective lineup than our current 2B/3B combo. I think we moved Yoan a year too early.

Edited by greg775

14 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For once it would be nice to actually play back to back as well.  Why do the Sox ALWAYS get the opener then day off?  Can we just ONCE OPEN IN A DOME??????????????

I've been around here a while and I still never understood why game threads get archived so quickly. it's not like there are many quality topics now to post in that I haven't already posted. What's the hurry ? I think once a game thread is at the bottom of the 1st page then it can be archived especially a long thread like the opener. where there is an off day the next day.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:45 PM, ChiSox59 said:

@ KC 2-1

@ Cle 1-1

vs. Sea 1-2

vs. Rays 2-1

@ NY 1-2

vs. KC 2-1

@ DET 2-2

@ BAL 2-1

vs. DET 2-1

vs. BAL 2-1

17-13. Honestly felt like I wasn't being overly optimistic either.  That is a super favorable schedule, and the Sox could easily get off to a hot start. 

On 3/26/2019 at 11:20 PM, Whitesox27 said:

@ KC 2-1

@ CLE 1-1

vs. SEA 2-1

vs. TB 2-1

@ NYY 1-2

vs. KC 3-0

@ DET 3-1

@ BAL 2-1

vs. DET 2-1

vs. BAL 3-0

21-9.