Predict the White Sox Record After 30 Games

SoxBlanco

1 hour ago, Insp said:

5-25  And that's being optimistic.  Rick Hahn desperately needs firing before this team can be turned around and the same goes for both Renteria and the hitting coach.

You might be right about the record, but you're wrong about "just" firing Hahn, Renteria, & Steverson.

I pretty much believe that everyone on the MLB ops, scouting, player development, and MiLB side of things all need to be fired. Before he retired, I would have thought that Herm could be retained, but with the cavalcade of injuries among the youngsters, I'd be good with firing everyone in his old department as well.

I suppose the gameday ops folks, the Sodfather, and ticketing folks can stay and help this turd of an organization turn it around, but fire everyone else.

A "Red Wedding" style of firings is all it'll take to get this org moving the right direction, IMO. Or, a "Front Office enema," if you prefer. Just blow the baseball side of the front office up, and get competent people in to re-make the organization as a modern, competent operation.

And no, this isn't a "two games into the season" overreaction. I've wanted everyone FIRED since those dumbasses had the moronic idea to even THINK that the 2016 team, with that manager, and that lack of MiLB depth had a prayer to compete, and then traded for James Shields.

Carry on.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

21 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

10-20

21 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't think MLB is good in March no matter what team.  I'm gonna go 7-20. 3 games will be called.

7 hours ago, Harper2Sox said:

10-20

6 hours ago, Insp said:

5-25  And that's being optimistic.  Rick Hahn desperately needs firing before this team can be turned around and the same goes for both Renteria and the hitting coach.

None of these count if right . Waiting til they were 0-2 is like stealing signs. But I will put forth that none of you will be right.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

None of these count if right . Waiting til they were 0-2 is like stealing signs. But I will put forth that none of you will be right.

I hope you are correct in the sense that the record is better than 10-20...and not worse.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 3:02 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

I hope you are correct in the sense that the record is better than 10-20...and not worse.

I was because I'm objective . I think the rest of these that I put in the multi-quote are all letting pessimism into their views  (yes u too Lip) not to mention trying to fudge the predictions by waiting til after the 0-2 start.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, flavum said:

34-47 at the end of June. Better teams are coming to beat the Sox the next couple months.

Idk, the Sox might be better themselves. Their May schedule is not easy. If they can get out a  game or two under .500 for the month that is a huge step. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I said 18-12. Way too optimistic. We are 12-14. Without Eloy I can't imagine us winning much in the entire month of May. I'd give us six wins in May.

But I can hope we're better than that.

I also picked 18-12.  Still think it's early to give up.  Cleveland is only 2.5 behind Minnesota and we are only 2.5 behind them.  I find it's more fun to believe in really good fortune.  Sox have played some very encouraging games lately.  IMO...we will do well if the rotation finds consistent solid performances like we've seen recently.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I also picked 18-12.  Still think it's early to give up.  Cleveland is only 2.5 behind Minnesota and we are only 2.5 behind them.  I find it's more fun to believe in really good fortune.  Sox have played some very encouraging games lately.  IMO...we will do well if the rotation finds consistent solid performances like we've seen recently.

I'm just happy the club is watchable on an nightly basis again.  Yea they've had some stinkers, the pitching and defense stinks, but the offense is fun, the younger guys like TA and Moncada are playing well and there are some wild cards like Cordell and McCann and Manny that could also contribute to the next good Sox team.

Other than the awful weather and Eloy's injury and defensive problems it's been a solid start.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm just happy the club is watchable on an nightly basis again.  Yea they've had some stinkers, the pitching and defense stinks, but the offense is fun, the younger guys like TA and Moncada are playing well and there are some wild cards like Cordell and McCann and Manny that could also contribute to the next good Sox team.

Other than the awful weather and Eloy's injury and defensive problems it's been a solid start.

I'll agree some of the games have been watchable. The fact we came from seven runs down to win the other night is something I don't believe we've ever done during these tank years. So that was encouraging for us non tank people.

9 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

Bad start in the first 11 games, but the last 15 have been pretty darn good, especially from a lot of the core. 

They ran into the Mariners at the wrong time. They opened the season on fire and have sucked as  badly as everyone thought they would over the past two weeks. 

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

2-0 today and I wasn't too far off.  

How many games have been postponed because of weather ? That's always part of the problem with predicting the 1st 30 games. Some people only predict a record like 12-15 with 2 weather postponements . Others just go with the 1st 30 playable games even if it does get us a harder opponent the last few games or doubleheaders that might screw up the starting staff and bullpen and get starters rested in the 2nd game.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How many games have been postponed because of weather ? That's always part of the problem with predicting the 1st 30 games. Some people only predict a record like 12-15 with 2 weather postponements . Others just go with the 1st 30 playable games even if it does get us a harder opponent the last few games or doubleheaders that might screw up the starting staff and bullpen and get starters rested in the 2nd game.

Three. But one will be made up already today.  Sox will have played 28 games after today, so still a couple behind the true OP question.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Three. But one will be made up already today.  Sox will have played 28 games after today, so still a couple behind the true OP question.  

I predicted 15-15 but I'll happily take another 4 wins in a row to add to the 3 we have now to finish 30 at 16-14. However the odds on a Sox 7 game win streak is not good.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:46 AM, flavum said:

34-47 at the end of June. Better teams are coming to beat the Sox the next couple months.

Commendable that you went out on a limb to predict the record after 81 games but now changing it to much worse  than original . It's understandable . Sox need to win 3 of next 4 to be at .500 after 30 . 31 games in 31 days against tougher opponents will surely be a big problem especially without Eloy getting a chance to improve and contribute. Colome /Herrera probably won't be as good nor the rest of the BP against better opponents . The offense as a whole probably also falls back facing better pitching .

Positive might be a Cease or Robert call up but I'd guess neither gets called up by game 81. What happens with the starting pitching is anybody's guess. They are a wildly unpredictable group.