How many games will the White Sox win in 2019?

southsider2k5

How many games will the White Sox win in 2019  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the White Sox win in 2019

• <50
    • 50-54
    • 55-59
    • 60-64
    • 65-69
    • 70-74
    • 75-79
    • 80-84
    • 85-89
    • 90+

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

95-67. This team is going to score a ton of runs. The starting rotation will over achieve. The starting rotation will even be better after Giolito is no longer on the team and replaced by Cease. Bullpen is greatly improved. This should be a Playoff team this 2019 season. White Sox fans will be dancing in the streets this year.

I have done a complete 180 with you. I'm throwing my hat in your ring for the White Sox GM position next time it opens up. That may not be for another couple decades, but WBWSF for GM!

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I mean it. Did u read my post in some thread about what "could" happen if things go well?

Things certainly could go well.  A lot of stuff would have to go right, but it's certainly possible.  I like the optimism.  I'm excited for the season, and especially so about the offense.  The starting pitching may very well let us down (a lot), but an improved bullpen could dampen the overall suckiness.

• Like 1

The Sox won 62 games last year and given the failure to do anything to improve the team in free agency despite the bumper crop of quality free agents, 62 wins are the best case scenario.  I voted >50 wins due to the fact that the rest of the division has improved while all we did was lavish money on a player who was already under team control for the next few years anyway.

10 minutes ago, Insp said:

The Sox won 62 games last year and given the failure to do anything to improve the team in free agency despite the bumper crop of quality free agents, 62 wins are the best case scenario.  I voted >50 wins due to the fact that the rest of the division has improved while all we did was lavish money on a player who was already under team control for the next few years anyway.

I feel like Coop is the key. With a bad pitching coach, our staff could be one of the worst imaginable. But I think Coop can take the arms of our starters and all those bullpen arms and develop the best staff in the AL Central. Our defense in the outfield may be a problem. If so I'd get Palka out of right and sacrifice some pop for defense out there even if we have to play Jay in center and Engle in right or verse visa. Our infield defense should be OK to good. I predicted 88 wins and will stand by it cause of pitching and our all-star candidates (Eloy, Tim, Abreu, Moncada).

Edited by greg775

For a more objective view, ask an outsider with no hometown bias (positive or negative): 

ESPN put out their pre-season Power Rankings and the Sox come in at #24, with a projected record of 72-90 and a 3rd place finish in the AL Central. 

Looks about right to me and is consistent with the poll results thus far.

1 hour ago, Insp said:

Hahahahaha this was the most predictable post ever.

2 hours ago, Insp said:

How can I ignore this fuck?

• Haha 1

Eloy will be the ROY, Moncada will take a step forward, Lopez's peripherals will catch up to his results (but his ERA and W-L will be about the same), Giolito will prove to be a competent starting pitcher, but everyone else pretty much is who they were last year and the bullpen isn't much better. Hopefully the farm system doesn't suffer anymore major injuries and the guys that are currently healthy look good, because I don't feel too good about the rebuild right now.