How many games will the White Sox win in 2019?

southsider2k5

How many games will the White Sox win in 2019  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the White Sox win in 2019

• <50
    • 50-54
    • 55-59
    • 60-64
    • 65-69
    • 70-74
    • 75-79
    • 80-84
    • 85-89
    • 90+

I am drinking the Kool-Aid, but only to about 75-80 wins. There are a few reasons. The offense will be better, bullpen will be better, rotation - meh about the same, but the division is waaaay worse. Cleveland took a step back but has most talent still, Minnesota did improve and could give Cleveland a run, but KC and Detroit are going to be worse than last year and they were bad last year. 

14 hours ago, greg775 said:

I feel like Coop is the key. With a bad pitching coach, our staff could be one of the worst imaginable. But I think Coop can take the arms of our starters and all those bullpen arms and develop the best staff in the AL Central. Our defense in the outfield may be a problem. If so I'd get Palka out of right and sacrifice some pop for defense out there even if we have to play Jay in center and Engle in right or verse visa. Our infield defense should be OK to good. I predicted 88 wins and will stand by it cause of pitching and our all-star candidates (Eloy, Tim, Abreu, Moncada).

I'm liking the positive Greg.  I think the starting pitching is going to give us the most problems.  I feel pretty good about Lopez and Rodon.  I need to see A LOT of improvement from Giolito.  And we need Nova and Santana to be effective innings eaters.  Too much can go wrong there, though.  However, the bullpen looks pretty good, and they'll most likely cover much of the starting pitching's badness.  Agree with you about the OF.  Infield defense has the potential to be very good.  However, with Moncada getting used to a "new" position and Tim's over-aggressiveness at times, there could be some rough errors that will have us shaking our heads.  Overall, though, I'm feeling pretty good about the season.  I don't know if I see 88 wins, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a near .500 season.