Fernando Tatis Jr. thread

Moan4Yoan

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Old guard needs to move on and let the kids play how they want to play

I see both sides of the issue, but the game is played and managed by human beings. Tingler coming from the Rangers org, gave the take sign. If Tatis missed it because it didnā€™t cross his mind that he would be given the take sign, thatā€™s one thing. If he ignored it, he messed up. On the other hand, in this run scoring environment, go ahead and hit when you can. Iā€™d draw the line at stealing a base when youā€™re up huge.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

There absolutely is something wrong with that. For one thing, itā€™s the wrong call. You have one of the best hitters in baseball at the plate with the bases loaded, against a pitcher who is struggling and the game is in hand. Why wouldnā€™t you swing if you got a pitch you could drive?

This controversy makes me so mad, and is everything wrong with the game. I canā€™t wait until the old guard is out of the sport.Ā 

Read my post above, and take a chill pill.Ā 

I've been over the Tatis trade for a while now and yesterday made me like him even more. Everything about the situation is so damn ridiculous, missedĀ sign or not let one of the best players in the game hit a meatball whenever the fuck he wants. If I was Preller today i'd be givingĀ my manager a scolding today for his comments yesterday.

Edited by TheTruth05

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I did. My point still stands.Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t do drugs, but thanks.Ā 

Point is, I agree that 3-0 hitting is ok. But Tingler is a human being that actually knows people in the other dugout. It was his call to make Tatis take one pitch up 7 runs with one out in the top of the 8th. One pitch. To me, I probably wouldnā€™t have made that call. Iā€™d let him hit in the best hitters count. If thatā€™s the new norm in baseball, Iā€™m all for it. But I do understand where Tingler is coming from...that 39 yr old geezer.

51 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Exactly.Ā  It's not little league baseball it's Major League Baseball. The players want their game played a certain way because it's the best league in the world and they love the game more than you do.Ā  I will never understand when fans get mad at the players for wanting their game to be played at the highest level.Ā Ā 

What is the highest level about not playing a certain way depending on score?Ā 

The Padres bullpen is decimated.Ā 

Ā 

36 minutes ago, flavum said:

I see both sides of the issue, but the game is played and managed by human beings. Tingler coming from the Rangers org, gave the take sign. If Tatis missed it because it didnā€™t cross his mind that he would be given the take sign, thatā€™s one thing. If he ignored it, he messed up. On the other hand, in this run scoring environment, go ahead and hit when you can. Iā€™d draw the line at stealing a base when youā€™re up huge.Ā 

So tingler is shaving runs because he used to coach for the other team and you think that's an OK reason? He messed up? Lol this is the big leagues, managers shouldn't be giving take signs.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

How about the pitcher doesn't get into a 3-0 count in the first place? It shouldn't be up to the hitter to give the pitcher a break.

Also in a time where stats matter when it comes to MVP awards, batting titles, etc. that directly effect your next contract, why shouldn't he be swinging at a meatball?

Like others have said crazy things happen in baseball, no lead is truly safe until the 27th out.

And how are people going to compare football to baseball? In football, even just one extra play could lead to the end of someone's career, it is more about safety then running up the score IMO.

Edited by BigHurt3515

22 minutes ago, flavum said:

Point is, I agree that 3-0 hitting is ok. But Tingler is a human being that actually knows people in the other dugout. It was his call to make Tatis take one pitch up 7 runs with one out in the top of the 8th. One pitch. To me, I probably wouldnā€™t have made that call. Iā€™d let him hit in the best hitters count. If thatā€™s the new norm in baseball, Iā€™m all for it. But I do understand where Tingler is coming from...that 39 yr old geezer.

tinglers job is to do what gives his team the best chance of winning. Intentionally trying to score less goes against that. He should be fired.

Teams have blown 7 run leads before. He should lose his job since his number on objective isn't to do it properly apparently.Ā 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So tingler is shaving runs because he used to coach for the other team and you think that's an OK reason? He messed up? Lol this is the big leagues, managers shouldn't be giving take signs.

I was pretty thorough in my posts and how I feel. Read them back. If you donā€™t understand, oh well.

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

I was pretty thorough in my posts and how I feel. Read them back. If you donā€™t understand, oh well.

Your post excuses his actions with some rationale that he knows the other team.

This guy threw his best player under the bus for trying to score more runs... all because he used to coach for the other team.

Flavum if the rangers come back in a game from down 7, do they say the win doesn't actually count because they were down so much?

I doubt if Rick Renteria was telling his players not to try in situations you'd be both siding the discussion.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, flavum said:

Yawn.

I think that part of the sport needs to be embraced now. Ā NFL finally got on board, nba has been doing it for a while. Ā MLB needs to embrace the individuality of its players. Ā Here we are in the middle of one of the most incredible careers in the history of the game with Mike Trout and the game barely pushes the guy. Ā Star power matters and the MLB needs to stop pushing their unwritten rulesĀ 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think that part of the sport needs to be embraced now. Ā NFL finally got on board, nba has been doing it for a while. Ā MLB needs to embrace the individuality of its players. Ā Here we are in the middle of one of the most incredible careers in the history of the game with Mike Trout and the game barely pushes the guy. Ā Star power matters and the MLB needs to stop pushing their unwritten rulesĀ 

The west coast thing doesnā€™t help. Weā€™re talking about Tatis because he was signed by the Sox, but I donā€™t know if the average sports fan cares. To me, Trout would be a bigger star if MLB played a balanced schedule and he tried to be more visible.Ā 

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Exactly.Ā  It's not little league baseball it's Major League Baseball. The players want their game played a certain way because it's the best league in the world and they love the game more than you do.Ā  I will never understand when fans get mad at the players for wanting their game to be played at the highest level.Ā Ā 

I never say anything political or about social issues, but it seemsĀ itā€™s always a white coach/player getting mad at a minority for breaking an unwritten rule.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I never say anything political or about social issues, but it seemsĀ itā€™s always a white coach/player getting mad at a minority for breaking an unwritten rule.

Bryce harper has received his fair share of criticism too but for the most part it effects players from Latin culture more, as they play the game in a MORE FUN way.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Bryce harper has received his fair share of criticism too but for the most part it effects players from Latin culture more, as they play the game in a MORE FUN way.

Yes but Harper is then given the excuse that heā€™s just a hard-nosed player. If he wasnā€™t so good, he would be a ā€œgrinderā€