Fernando Tatis Jr. thread

Moan4Yoan

28 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Crazy that he is doing this at 20. ARod level good. This may go down as one of the worst trades in the history of the MLB when all is said and done. 

In terms of WAR, it's very possible if he ends up being as good as people think.

But but but, we needed James Shields!!!  RIck Hahn is a clown and shouldn't still be employed.  Again, it's not who they traded.  It's the piece of literal garbage they traded for.  It just so happens that the guy they traded might end up being pretty good, which just makes matters even worse.

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

In terms of WAR, it's very possible if he ends up being as good as people think.

Pal, Hahn did his best. It isn't his fault. It's not like anybody on this forum could have done better.

LEAVE RICK HAHN ALONE, PAL!

Edited by ron883

one thing kinda interesting to me about Jimenez v. Tatis and their starts:

- I've been impressed (though annoyed!) at the game plan vs. Jimenez: 46% of the pitches he's seen are breaking pitches, 45% fastballs. He has feasted on fastballs for a .333 average. This guy has never seen mlb quality sliders and they are just going to pump him full of them and make him beat him. Good plan against any young player IMO unless they are josh fields (or Zack Collins honestly, he has a long swing that probably can't catch up to a ton of fastballs)

- Tatis has seen 64% fastballs, by contrast, and has made his mark on them (As has Eloy). They have not just fed him full of sliders to see what he can do, which is kind of odd to me considering his reputation for swing and miss.

Eloy is going to need to show he can fight off, stay back, and produce on these sliders, and if/when he does I'm excited. But Tatis may not have seen this same adjustment yet. But damn he is big, fast, and strong for 20 and whips that bat like Acuna does. Exciting player.

Anyway if I was a pitcher and Vlad comes up, I'm just throwing 10 sliders, I'm not letting him come up and having a simple plan like being ready for the fastball. 

Man, also just saw Semien has 0.9 WAR already.

Gio for Swisher was one thing, but man, shipping out Semien and Tatis Jr. is gonna be the ultimate stinger. Two homegrown shortstops traded for James Shields and Jeff Samardzija. 

Fortunately, there are no former All-Star starting pitchers with the initials JS to trade Lenyn Sosa or Laz Rivera for. But if we trade one for Joakim Soria or Joe Smith, they will become a stellar MLB player.

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

This kid has more value than any player in the White Sox organization. 

How can anyone have faith in this rebuild with Rick Hahn in charge? 

No one should.  He's fucking awful at his job.  Complete clown.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bmags said:

one thing kinda interesting to me about Jimenez v. Tatis and their starts:

- I've been impressed (though annoyed!) at the game plan vs. Jimenez: 46% of the pitches he's seen are breaking pitches, 45% fastballs. He has feasted on fastballs for a .333 average. This guy has never seen mlb quality sliders and they are just going to pump him full of them and make him beat him. Good plan against any young player IMO unless they are josh fields (or Zack Collins honestly, he has a long swing that probably can't catch up to a ton of fastballs)

- Tatis has seen 64% fastballs, by contrast, and has made his mark on them (As has Eloy). They have not just fed him full of sliders to see what he can do, which is kind of odd to me considering his reputation for swing and miss.

Any thoughts on why? Seems best way to go against young guys is always the offspeed

• knightni changed the title to Fernando Tatis Jr. thread