Frankie Montas

skooch

Yahoo article

The 26-year-old Montas has had varied success during parts of two seasons with the A's but was dominant this spring after adding a splitter to complement a 97 mph fastball and slider. The new pitch produced immediate results as Montas went 2-0 with a 0.56 ERA in five games with 16 strikeouts and five walks over 16 innings.

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Montas... this year's Jharel Cotton for the A's. Great spring, but won't mean much when the game starts and he can't throw strikes. Ironically they were both in the Rich Hill deal.

I'll have this bookmarked so I can bump it when he performs. You'll be eating some fresh crow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crazy that Montas only has a little more than a year of service time with 100 innings across 4 years and 3 seasons under his belt. I'm guessing someone lucked out with him getting hurt just after a demotion.

On 4/8/2019 at 2:35 PM, Jake said:

Crazy that Montas only has a little more than a year of service time with 100 innings across 4 years and 3 seasons under his belt. I'm guessing someone lucked out with him getting hurt just after a demotion.

I think that was the dodgers with the rib injury? Because he would have been in majors with white sox the year prior to trade.

• 1 month later...

He's having a good stretch for sure:

Frankie Montas racked up a career-high 10 strikeouts over 8 2/3 innings of two-run baseball in Friday's victory over the Tigers.

Montas scattered just four hits on the night and didn't walk a batter. He came within one out of his first career complete game, but A's skipper Bob Melvin had to get him after Miguel Cabreras' two-out RBI double in the ninth. The 26-year-old hurler now sits at 5-2 on the season with a stellar 2.67 ERA, 1.13 WHIP and 52/11 K/BB ratio over 54 innings. He'll look to keep the good times rolling when he does battle against the Indians in Cleveland on Wednesday.

• 1 month later...