3/28 GT - Sox @ Royals (3:15pm CST)

Rodon vs. Keller

Game will be broadcast locally on NBC Sports Chicago and is the free game of the day on MLB.TV for out-of-towners.

Mods - Apololgies is someone else has the right to start this gamethread, just didn’t want Insp to start it and bring bad luck to the season.  Feel free to delete if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

Fuck it. Let's put this terrible, terrible offseason behind us and have a fun, promising season, starting today. Let's get it. 

This is going to be one of the greatest seasons in the history of the White Sox franchise. This team is Playoff bound this 2019 season!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This is going to be one of the greatest seasons in the history of the White Sox franchise. This team is Playoff bound this 2019 season!!!!

I see the mushrooms haven't worn off yet. 

• Like 1

Per DVS on twitter, this will be the lineup: *edit* - he clarified that this is his "projected" OD lineup. 

Garcia CF, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, Eloy LF, Palka RF, Anderson SS, McCann C, Sanchez 2B

Mostly dig it.  I like Garcia getting the nod over Engel.  Still not a huge fan of Moncada in the 2 hole, but I guess that just going to be the way it is.  A little surprised to see McCann in over Wellington, but I get the feeling that Ricky prefers McCann.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Per DVS on twitter, this will be the lineup:

Garcia CF, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, Eloy LF, Palka RF, Anderson SS, McCann C, Sanchez 2B

Mostly dig it.  I like Garcia getting the nod over Engel.  Still not a huge fan of Moncada in the 2 hole, but I guess that just going to be the way it is.  A little surprised to see McCann in over Wellington, but I get the feeling that Ricky prefers McCann.  

Maybe it's just the opening day talking, but that lineup looks pretty decent

This offense could be fun to watch at times. That 2-7 could end up hitting 150-160 homeruns this year.

That is pretty much the perfect lineup based on the collection of players we have.  The only exception is McCann over Wellington, which is odd from my perspective but it does seem like Ricky and/or the front office is really high on him.

46 minutes ago, flavum said:

CDT

Eloy goes 3-4, two doubles

Just because you pay a guy a lot of money does not mean that he's going to play any better.  Why not wait until he's actually played some before making predictions as to is prowess?

1 minute ago, Insp said:

Just because you pay a guy a lot of money does not mean that he's going to play any better.  Why not wait until he's actually played some before making predictions as to is prowess?

And just because you pay him a lot doesn't mean he is going to suck.  Not sure why you want to ruin the opening day thread, but please don't.

Just now, DirtySox said:

Any lineup that doesn't have Adam Engel in it is A-OK in my book.

100% agree.  Plus Leury deserves an extended look IMO.  If he can stay healthy, I think Leury can be a league average hitter, which would be plenty valuable with his defensive versatility.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That is pretty much the perfect lineup based on the collection of players we have.  The only exception is McCann over Wellington, which is odd from my perspective but it does seem like Ricky and/or the front office is really high on him.

Moncada is a more optimal lead off guy, but I'm fine with keeping him out of there

6 minutes ago, Insp said:

Yes, why would you ever dare make a prediction as to what a player will do in a single game that hasn’t happened yet?  That’s pure insanity!  Why not just wait until the game is over and just report his stats?  

This is why I submit a blank bracket in every NCAA tournament pool.  Anything else is just unreasonable.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

Just now, mqr said:

Moncada is a more optimal lead off guy, but I'm fine with keeping him out of there

I personally would really prefer to see Moncada bat further down in the lineup.  Just a spot where he doesn't have to worry about other things that come with leading off or batting 2nd.  

Something like: Leury, Sanchez, Abreu, Alonso, Eloy, Moncada, Palka, Anderson, Catcher

Sanchez batting 2nd isn't ideal either, but I am also not worried about Sanchez's development at this point.  

But I may be alone is this line of thinking, and that's ok. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I personally would really prefer to see Moncada bat further down in the lineup.  Just a spot where he doesn't have to worry about other things that come with leading off or batting 2nd.  

Something like: Leury, Sanchez, Abreu, Alonso, Eloy, Moncada, Palka, Anderson, Catcher

Sanchez batting 2nd isn't ideal either, but I am also not worried about Sanchez's development at this point.  

But I may be alone is this line of thinking, and that's ok. 

I honestly just want Moncada to get the most plate appearances possible and I think the #2 works well enough in that regard.

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

They're projecting hail in KC in the afternoon with the storm, don't think there's any chance they're playing. 

From the forecasts I’ve seen, nothing would surprise me. It’s a more scattered system than a glob of crap. Maybe it doesn’t stop long enough to get it started/restarted. But maybe they miss the worst of it and can play some in a light rain. Banuelos might be needed.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I honestly just want Moncada to get the most plate appearances possible and I think the #2 works well enough in that regard.

That's fair and I get that.  I just pray hope Ricky doesn't have Moncada bunting Leury over everytime he reaches base in the 1st inning.  

• bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic