2. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Yonder Alonso (L) DH
5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
6. Daniel Palka (L) RF
7. Tim Anderson (R) SS
8. James McCann (R) C
9. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 2B

Looks like all the spring training handwringing on catchers hitting fifth was not indicative of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'd like to think I know a decent amount about baseball, but I have legitimately never heard of Frank Schwindel.

He might be the only guy on an opening day lineup that I know nothing about, not counting whatever the hell the Orioles are throwing out there. 

12 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'd like to think I know a decent amount about baseball, but I have legitimately never heard of Frank Schwindel.

Pretty much an org guy.  Raked in AAA last couple seasons.  Royals decided to give him a shot.  

I unfortunately do not have the butterflies that I annually get this time every year (thanks Sox FO) but I do feel pretty happy to know that baseball is back. Its a nice distraction that is there day in and day out always having a game played somewhere.  

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

I unfortunately do not have the butterflies that I annually get this time every year (thanks Sox FO) but I do feel pretty happy to know that baseball is back. Its a nice distraction that is there day in and day out always having a game played somewhere.  

They saved it by getting Eloy up.  I'm excited.

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I’m not there yet. I really hope I can be eventually. 

If nothing else on days Rodon and Lopez pitch it might be worth tuning in.  I figure I'll watch most of their starts and punt on the rest unless the team catches fire or something.  Going to be relying on free streams this year hopefully it works because I do not want to pay for this shit.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Grab some popcorn and a beer all indications are the game will be played, and it will have delays.

I'm going to have to skip my late night volleyball league tonight. Not pleased with that, but hey, it's Opening Day and my best friend's wife always cooks us a ballpark feast for the festivities.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic