3/28 GT - Sox @ Royals (3:15pm CST)

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Agreed. What does he want? Another seam head talking about launch angle and spin rate?

It’d be more useful than someone grasping at straws to make things sound positive. 

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Ricky’s boys don’t quit 

True...they just lose.

Because it’s Opening Day, even if you have a bad team you hope they play well on Day 1. Just because, like I said, it’s Opening Day, the start of a new season where anything can happen (although it usually doesn’t for a bad team…)

With that in mind today was a big disappointment.

Disappointing weather and a very disappointing performance on the field.

Offense was basically non-existent until it was to late and the defense was up to the usual White Sox standards….bad. Fundamentally bad.

Oh well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

Seriously, it’s amazing how people can’t separate the two. It’s not Yolmer’s fault the Sox have used him as an everyday starter. He should be used as a super sub on a good team, being able to play a plus  2B and 3B, speed and a decent bat.

He can be a very valuable asset to a good team. That’s not what the Sox are.  

He has been worth 4 fWar/ 6 bWar over the last two years. He is a serviceable starter too. 

Bad baseball take aside, how can anyone hate Yolmer? He is easily the most personable person on the team. I love his attitude and energy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

He has been worth 4 fWar/ 6 bWar over the last two years. He is a serviceable starter too. 

Bad baseball take aside, how can anyone hate Yolmer? He is easily the most personable person on the team. I love his attitude and energy.

The ones who think they know it all about baseball... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I can't wait until the Yolmer era ends. I will enjoy it more than the end of the Dunn and Laroche eras combined. Dude is a terrible baseball player.

Not one of his better games.  Although I think he's an all around solid player everyone knows he would be better suited for infield backup.  Would really like Rondon to get a chance.  He looked pretty clutch in Spring.

• bmags unpinned this topic