Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

3/28 GT - Sox @ Royals (3:15pm CST)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

It’s going to rain there soon, but the radar looks promising unless the system gets there and just stalls. I’m optimistic they play today/tonight.

They’re definitely playing today, it’s just a matter of what time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heirdog said:

Eloy seems like a first career AB homer type of guy.

I could see him ambushing a first pitch fastball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, glangon said:

The White Sox lineup

1. Leury Garcia (S) CF
2. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Yonder Alonso (L) DH
5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
6. Daniel Palka (L) RF
7. Tim Anderson (R) SS
8. James McCann (R) C
9. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 2B

Looks like all the spring training handwringing on catchers hitting fifth was not indicative of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy goes 0-4 while Royals 1B Frank Schwindel goes 4-4 with 4 home runs in his MLB debut 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Sox game is going to get rained on until Eloy goes down for the year, and then it'll be sunshine and rainbows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Every Sox game is going to get rained on until Eloy goes down for the year, and then it'll be sunshine and rainbows. 

Ah the Kopech effect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'd like to think I know a decent amount about baseball, but I have legitimately never heard of Frank Schwindel.

He might be the only guy on an opening day lineup that I know nothing about, not counting whatever the hell the Orioles are throwing out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soxfan3530 said:

Adding Eloy makes this whole lineup look a lot better. 

I told myself this earlier today, then I read the ESPN power rankings and they opened the Machado wound again. Imagine replacing Sanchez with Machado...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'd like to think I know a decent amount about baseball, but I have legitimately never heard of Frank Schwindel.

Pretty much an org guy.  Raked in AAA last couple seasons.  Royals decided to give him a shot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I unfortunately do not have the butterflies that I annually get this time every year (thanks Sox FO) but I do feel pretty happy to know that baseball is back. Its a nice distraction that is there day in and day out always having a game played somewhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shipps said:

I unfortunately do not have the butterflies that I annually get this time every year (thanks Sox FO) but I do feel pretty happy to know that baseball is back. Its a nice distraction that is there day in and day out always having a game played somewhere.  

They saved it by getting Eloy up.  I'm excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They saved it by getting Eloy up.  I'm excited.

I’m not there yet. I really hope I can be eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shipps said:

I’m not there yet. I really hope I can be eventually. 

If nothing else on days Rodon and Lopez pitch it might be worth tuning in.  I figure I'll watch most of their starts and punt on the rest unless the team catches fire or something.  Going to be relying on free streams this year hopefully it works because I do not want to pay for this shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll still be tuning in almost all the time in order to see the trio of Moncada/Timmy/Eloy. Fingers crossed for big years from all three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Accuweather thinks we might have a window from 4 pm to 8 pm of just overcast.

Grab some popcorn and a beer all indications are the game will be played, and it will have delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Grab some popcorn and a beer all indications are the game will be played, and it will have delays.

I'm going to have to skip my late night volleyball league tonight. Not pleased with that, but hey, it's Opening Day and my best friend's wife always cooks us a ballpark feast for the festivities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm going to have to skip my late night volleyball league tonight. Not pleased with that, but hey, it's Opening Day and my best friend's wife always cooks us a ballpark feast for the festivities.

oh man, now I'm hungry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget my Schwindel prediction. New prediction is Eloy goes 2-2 with 2 homers but the game gets called in the top of the 5th and they end up not counting 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Grab some popcorn and a beer all indications are the game will be played, and it will have delays.

Perfect, actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×