Chicago Sky in the Finals

That was pretty awesome. Can’t really think of a comparable team in Chicago that has high expectations with new players, stumbled and could never quite be healthy all year, then smoke through the playoffs. It’s like if the 3 alphas worked lol

I actually gave the WNBA a chance as you can clearly see from me starting a thread back in 2013, but to be brutally honest, women's basketball is really boring and not very good. It is not sexist to state the obvious... It doesn't help the sport having unlikable sports figures like Brittany Griner who is delusional enough to think she can beat Boogie Cousins on a one on one, lol.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

12 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I actually gave the WNBA a chance as you can clearly see from me starting a thread back in 2013, but to be brutally honest, women's basketball is really boring and not very good. It is not sexist to state the obvious... It doesn't help the sport having unlikable sports figures like Brittany Griner who is delusional enough to think she can beat Boogie Cousins on a one on one, lol.

I go the NBA for likable figures like Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons, [insert player #50 demanding a trade].

The NBA has a metric fuckton of unlikable figures. And likable ones. If you find it boring, that's fine, but that second point is wack.

17 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I dunno man, everything I saw from this playoff run was really exciting and very good.

17 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

So because you don't like it, the only reason a man would like it is because they are trying to please their girlfriend? Or the only reason I can support the WNBA is because I'm "woke?" These are all things you said. Is that right? 

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can handle not being interested in womens sports, the ones I can't identify with are the ones who need to go out their way to announce it the rest of the world, in some sort of lack of virtue signaling.

Correct. I have a hard time getting into college sports in general a lot of times for various reasons, but I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying them. 

But there is a certain "type" of person that can't help but let everyone else know women's sports are stupid, not good and there is no reason a man should enjoy them, other than being "woke".....which obviously makes total sense. 

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

If I remember right you made that thread to mock people who were talking about the WNBA in the NBA thread, not because you were giving it a chance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Ideally they would just lower the rim and be done with it...but obviously that creates a number of problems at the lower levels.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

So because you don't like it, the only reason a man would like it is because they are trying to please their girlfriend? Or the only reason I can support the WNBA is because I'm "woke?" These are all things you said. Is that right? 

Yes

18 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If I remember right you made that thread to mock people who were talking about the WNBA in the NBA thread, not because you were giving it a chance 

I actually don't remember that...I did try getting into it believe it or not but the lack of skill and athleticism was hard to ignore.

So sue me.

4 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I actually don't remember that...I did try getting into it believe it or not but the lack of skill and athleticism was hard to ignore.

So sue me.

Nobody cares that you aren't interested in it.  Just stupid that you are in here mocking it with shit like "woke" and "participation trophies". That shit sucks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ok so you're just an asshole then. 

Got it. Glad we cut right to the core, saved some time. 

That's your opinion, I think you get triggered very easily and a white knight, but that's my opinion. It's like some relative of yours is in the WNBA...anyways, I really don't care to continue this convo, have a great rest of the day, gents.

41 minutes ago, Tony said:

Correct. I have a hard time getting into college sports in general a lot of times for various reasons, but I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying them. 

But there is a certain "type" of person that can't help but let everyone else know women's sports are stupid, not good and there is no reason a man should enjoy them, other than being "woke".....which obviously makes total sense. 

Some of my favorite memories in college were calling women's basketball games, and then being the student assistant coach on our women's college team my senior year.  The game is different for sure, but it has its own set of style's and charms.  It's way less athletic, but because of that it is way more strategic and precise.  Its the same reason I like high school ball more than I like the NBA.  To me, the randomness is fun.

7 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

That's your opinion, I think you get triggered very easily and a white knight, but that's my opinion. It's like some relative of yours is in the WNBA...anyways, I really don't care to continue this convo, have a great rest of the day, gents.

Nah, I just think you're an asshole for not being able to comprehend why a male can't root/enjoy women's sports other than being "woke" 

If that's me being a "White Knight" then so be it, I guess? But you've gotten significantly throttled in this thread already, so not sure what you think about everyone else. 

But we'll be done with this convo. It's clear it's not going anywhere. 

When I was in college, Iowa had a really good women's team. They were ranked high. I think in the top 10. I was in a fraternity and we had a bunch of guys who would go to the old Iowa Fieldhouse, where they had a bunch of basketball courts and play on some Saturday and Sunday mornings. Occassionally many of the womens team members would show up. They were pretty good, but we would beat them, usually pretty easily.

The spring or summer before Covid, they were working out a couple of ladies at my health club for the WNBA draft. There is no way we would beat them now.