3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

Hopefully Lopez has a big year as far as the rebuild.  I think Rodon is a solid #2 starter and it would be great if Lopez turns out to be the same. Then in the next couple of years they can find a 1( Kopech?) and a 4 and 5 internally or externally. 

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

Hopefully Lopez has a big year as far as the rebuild.  I think Rodon is a solid #2 starter and it would be great if Lopez turns out to be the same. Then in the next couple of years they can find a 1( Kopech?) and a 4 and 5 internally or externally. 

Cease has a chance to be a #2 maybe even #1

Kopech-Cease-Lopez-Rodon is a pretty good 1-4 if everyone pans out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cease has elite stuff no doubt. Don’t forget about Dane Dunning. That dude will fight tooth and nail for his spot even if he may be overlooked due to bigger names and his injury. He may be the most complete pitcher even if he doesn’t have the upside of Kopech/Cease. 

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic

Can't wait to see Eloy again. Hope he is more settled down today.

So I was in the fedex store this morning and I'm wearing my Sox jacket. The employee says, hey I'm a Sox fan too. And then he starts going off about how he can't believe they blew the Machado thing. I was like oh dude, don't get me started again. At least I know it's not just me still pissed off about it. Oh well, go Sox today! Let's get the first win!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Can't wait to see Eloy again. Hope he is more settled down today.

So I was in the fedex store this morning and I'm wearing my Sox jacket. The employee says, hey I'm a Sox fan too. And then he starts going off about how he can't believe they blew the Machado thing. I was like oh dude, don't get me started again. At least I know it's not just me still pissed off about it. Oh well, go Sox today! Let's get the first win!

This is literally every convo I've had running into any fan lol I start and stop myself before I go on a tangent.

2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Agree. Some of it is semantics. The White Sox may not have a clear #1 (i.e. Sale) but 3 or 4 solid starters would be great. 

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Cease has elite stuff no doubt. Don’t forget about Dane Dunning. That dude will fight tooth and nail for his spot even if he may be overlooked due to bigger names and his injury. He may be the most complete pitcher even if he doesn’t have the upside of Kopech/Cease. 

I saw a quote from baseball person ( can't remember who) recently that said they  don't consider someone an MLB prospect until they have had a successful year in AA.  Interesting take.