3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

1 minute ago, Insp said:

If Alonso can put up more quality at-bats and get on base, he may yet turn out to be a decent signing.  

He's not a bad player, I like Alonso but we have a DH playing RF because Alonso was brought here to recruit Manny. That's my beef.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bmags said:

Why does Kansas City have these detailed plans for each of our hitters and we just seem to throw the same shit at everyone every year

We need to accept that the Sox are a second rate organization and will continue to be until ownership changes. We can choose to continue to support the team or not. If we choose not to waste time, we need to be prepared to accept the possible consequences of that decision. 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why does Kansas City have these detailed plans for each of our hitters and we just seem to throw the same shit at everyone every year

I was literally going to post that it seems like our advanced scouting sucks compared to every other team.  Lopez seems to have no plan no there, while KC knows exactly how to attack our guys.  And this seems to have been a problem for us for years.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was literally going to post that it seems like our advanced scouting sucks compared to every other team.  Lopez seems to have no plan no there, while KC knows exactly how to attack our guys.  And this seems to have been a problem for us for years.

Every. Year.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I was thinking the same. It seems like Sox hitters always play into a pitcher's strengths and pitchers have no plan of attack against hitters. 

2 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

He's not a bad player, I like Alonso but we have a DH playing RF because Alonso was brought here to recruit Manny. That's my beef.

The problem with the Sox the past several years is that there are too many DH type players and not enough fielders.  In other words, the exact inverse of the Go-Go Sox who had great fielding abilities but poor power hitting.  

I must admit I never understood why some people thought this team was going to score alot of runs this year...the only reason I thought they would be better was because of an improved bullpen...I hope they prove me wrong with the offense but this has been an ugly start.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was thinking the same. It seems like Sox hitters always play into a pitcher's strengths and pitchers have no plan of attack against hitters. 

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Every. Year.

Which is part of the reason I think our coaching staff may just suck a fat you know what.  I’ve been a big Cooper fan for years, but I really think the game may have passed him by.  No idea how Steverson still has job.  And our teams are pretty much consistently bad from a fundamentals perspective, which the manager should be accountable for.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s called having an old school pitching coach that doesn’t believe in spin rate and strikeouts.  Organization desperately needs wholesale changes if this year goes awful in terms of development.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I must admit I never understood why some people thought this team was going to score alot of runs this year...the only reason I thought they would be better was because of an improved bullpen...I hope they prove me wrong with the offense but this has been an ugly start.

If you expect that Abreu and Alonso and Castillo will all be the players they were during their best seasons, the offense looks decent. 

Ultimately a nice opening series wouldn’t have meant anything in the grand scheme of the season but it would have done loads for maintaining my interest through these months.

but watching out starters once again struggle to find the zone with weaker stuff than expected, and hitters chopping balls to second on the second pitch while defense is a mess... tough to be psyched.