3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s called having an old school pitching coach that doesn’t believe in spin rate and strikeouts.  Organization desperately needs wholesale changes if this year goes awful in terms of development.

This is year two of me saying that the game has passed Cooper by. Very obvious. 

I have no faith in the organization to find a good alternative to Cooper and Steverson. None whatsoever. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Ultimately a nice opening series wouldn’t have meant anything in the grand scheme of the season but it would have done loads for maintaining my interest through these months.

but watching out starters once again struggle to find the zone with weaker stuff than expected, and hitters chopping balls to second on the second pitch while defense is a mess... tough to be psyched.

Still amazing they kept same coaching staff, especially Stevenson, after such historic failures last year.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

this might be the earliest I lose interest in White Sox season.  And there have been high levels of Suck throughout my lifetime.

Took two games and I already am changing channel when Yoan, Eloy or Timmy aren’t up.  You couldn’t pay me to constantly watch our catchers hit.

Edited by fathom

Just now, Jake said:

Spin rate is a classic case of letting the measurements lead the theory

Seems to work fine for the astros 💁‍♂️

How is stay tall as a philosophy working for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

Still amazing they kept same coaching staff, especially Stevenson, after such historic failures last year.

As soon as Hahn fires members of the coaching staff, he puts the target of accountability on his own back.  Right now he still has Ricky & staff as his scapegoat if the young guys fail to take that next step in their development.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think their player development is still waaaaaay behind the rest of baseball. I'm almost to the point of expecting nothing but complete failure from all Sox prospects because they aren't being given the tools they need to be successful in the majors. I believe it doesn't have to do with the talent of the player, but rather the instruction they've been given. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

As soon as Hahn fires members of the coaching staff, he puts the target of accountability on his own back.  Right now he still has Ricky & staff as his scapegoat if the young guys fail to take that next step in their development.

Hey now, the bulls seem to do fine consistently firing coaches while keeping blame on them.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Seems to work fine for the astros 💁‍♂️

How is stay tall as a philosophy working for us?

I suspect the teams may know what to do with the information, which is something besides casting aside any player with non-elite spin rate on his fastball

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s called having an old school pitching coach that doesn’t believe in spin rate and strikeouts.  Organization desperately needs wholesale changes if this year goes awful in terms of development.

That’s what most people overlook when comparing this to the rebuild of either the Cubs or the Astros: they didn’t just rebuild their roster.  Both franchises not only tore the entire organization down to the studs (not just the front office), but did the same with their organizational philosophies, including majorly building up their advanced stat departments.